Anyone need help,here I am(Dallas-Plano ,TX

cryokinetic

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
My 06 Jetta started giving me the dreaded click of DMF death last week. Took it to Marin, and he took care of it for me quickly and at a reasonable price. He swapped out the whole clutch for a Sachs with an SMF. He also took the time to explain exactly what was going on as well as point out a few other problems that needed to be taken care of ASAP that I wouldn't have thought to look for (leaky valve cover gasket, timing belt badly in need of replacement, etc). To top it all off, he was willing to meet up with me on his day off so that I could pick up my car. This experience with Marin has been the best I have ever had with a mechanic, and I will definitely be back.

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
a think this might be the right place after reading some intresting posts i see jetta 97 may be able to help
Hi everyone need some help with my mk5 golf 1.9tdi
Hi everyone I am new to this site an not sure how to really use this site so please point me to the right direction if I am lost

Right to start with how is all you tdi owners copin with your cars as I am sick to death with mine tryed to everything still no results. Can anyone help me as I am having issues with my mk5 golf 1.9tdi 2004 bkc model.

The problem is the car battery drains out after every few day. Had the battery and alternator tester put on an they ok but there is a drainage some were does anyone else have this problem. Thanks an hoping for someone to save me from having to sell the car as I do love it as it is my first car which I have had for like 2 weeks

Thanks guys
Check your fuse box on top of the battery. Make sure there is no burn or melt cable and plastic.
Also best place to post this problem on club is here:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43

Rdavis32

TDI
2011 Sportwagen TDi
Great Service - 40K '11 Sportwagen

Marin did my 40K service yesterday. Great guy. Will be my TDi Tech going forward. I highly recommend him.

Rob

doublebarrel

TDI
2015 Jetta S TDI
Marin,thanks for great job on injection pump reseal and for taking the time to meet me after normal hours to pick up my car.Really appriciate it.

jmindito

TDI
Jetta 2004 TDI Wagon PD
Marin is really GOOD, knows what he does, can be trusted and I highly recommend him.

Had a water problem with my ECU. Sent him my ECU, Cluster and Key. He got me a replacement ECU and reprogrammed everything to work Plug and Play, meaning just installed it back and started up. Very reasonable in price and cost conscious.

Got some great advice from him and his illuminated daytime Tachometer needles are NICE.

gaddman

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta (RC3, PD150 Injectors, GTB1749V, 2.5" Downpipe), 04 Touareg V10 (RC1)
Just a shout out for Marin. He helped me on a instrument cluster repair and some wiring issues on a coolant migration problem. Great guy and knows his stuff. Thanks Marin!

bantis

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI 5spd
What do you charge for a 2003 Jetta TDI timing belt replacement?

uh60drvr

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
P1248 Code

Sir,
Let's see if we can do some business and if you can help me!

I have an 03 Jetta TDI Sedan with approx. 93,000 miles. Recently changed the injection pump and while down timing belt, etc. Still having P1248 code come up after starting. Car runs great, does not smoke or hesitate and is not hard to start. I am averaging 41 MPG. Just a nagging P1248 code. I have checked the pressure relief valve on the pump. The plunger works as advertised.

This is the third pump I have had placed on the car and am still getting same code, leading me to believe the pump is not the problem. The pump is reman with all Bosch parts. The techs helping me have shown me the start of injection timing readouts via the VW software. There is a discrepancy with actual vs what the ECU says it should be at idle. Actual is indicating lower than prescribed.
Having said all that, is it possible I am looking at an ECU problem? We have exhausted all options at this point and I don't think another pump will fix my problem. Your suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

anze1

TDI
Golf mk4 TDI
Hi i own golf mk4 2000 AJM engine. I have only one key ( 2 fob rounded) and i need to get another. I saw great deal on ebay but the keys are from 2003 r32 mk4 golf and are 2fob square type i also get the steering rack with lock. Can i get them re cut and programmed to my car or swap the whole steering rack and re cut the drivers side lock?
Please help

Will the brake calipers with proper jaws from r32 fit on my car with bigger wheels of course.?

Last edited:

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
Hi i own golf mk4 2000 AJM engine. I have only one key ( 2 fob rounded) and i need to get another. I saw great deal on ebay but the keys are from 2003 r32 mk4 golf and are 2fob square type i also get the steering rack with lock. Can i get them re cut and programmed to my car or swap the whole steering rack and re cut the drivers side lock?
Please help

Will the brake calipers with proper jaws from r32 fit on my car with bigger wheels of course.?
You can not use 2003 keys in 2000 model. They are different frequency and different immobilizer generation.

You can use R32 brakes on your car . Search on forum there are updates done like this.

Thanks

anze1

TDI
Golf mk4 TDI
You can not use 2003 keys in 2000 model. They are different frequency and different immobilizer generation.

You can use R32 brakes on your car . Search on forum there are updates done like this.

Thanks
I saw a (bora (EU))jetta once with Ajm engine and 2 fob square key around 2000 since the AJM was produced 1998-2000. I was hoping i could do the same since there was 2 keys and steering rack(which wiggles a little on my car) for 60€with PnP expenses .
Thanks for help you saved me a lot of trouble :). So what type of immobilizer does my car have. Can i check this with vag tacho or vag commander? I`m getting the cable in next few days
Thanks

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
I saw a (bora (EU))jetta once with Ajm engine and 2 fob square key around 2000 since the AJM was produced 1998-2000. I was hoping i could do the same since there was 2 keys and steering rack(which wiggles a little on my car) for 60€with PnP expenses .
Thanks for help you saved me a lot of trouble :). So what type of immobilizer does my car have. Can i check this with vag tacho or vag commander? I`m getting the cable in next few days
Thanks
You have Immo 2.
About remotes, I am not sure in Europe but in USA there was a 2001 model with same frequency as 99-2000 cars and it was square remote, and it will work on all 98-2001 cars.
You may ask in some Euro forums about it, I really do not have any info.

mrarmyant

TDI
Porsche Cayman S
I am currently in Plano. Car is in Highland Park. 2000 Jetta TDI. Tried to swap key to new housing, broke RFID chip when trying to remove it, and lost spare. How much to disable IMMO? Need it done ASAP! Carless :(

Last edited:

Wankel7

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Hello,

Lady has a 2000 Audi A4 with a sick LCD display in the cluster. Do you offer repairs for that? Thanks!

kosovo95

TDI
mk4
Marin did an excellent job adapting my new full FIS euro sport cluster for my MK4 GLI ,
same day service , transferred all data from my old cluster along with key /remote programming , it was plug-and play solution for a fraction of a dealer cost .
Will recommend him to everyone , very knowledgeable about programming/recoding clusters and keys .
Хвала !

jav

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS - 5 speed
Marin just cloned a used cluster for my 2003 jetta tdi. My old cluster was perfect EXCEPT that something in it had caused my OBD port to not communicate at all! This made it impossible for the car to link with VCDS OR the state emissions computer for the Yearly Safety inspection. I Failed last year because of this.

Last time, I paid another well respected tdi expert about $800 and while I did get an inspection sticker, he never "fixed" the problem. This year it failed again.

Marin fixed it fast and for a very reasonable fee. He's also a great communicator! It came back and was plug and play (keys and all). I can now establish a link with my VCDS so I'm headed back to get a sticker.

Highly recommend.

Sig

TDI
01 Jetta TDI
Definitely Recommend

I went to Marin from out of town and it was well worth the drive. He fixed a timing problem on my 01 TDI and identified and repaired a front suspension issue that needed attention. I am very satisfied with Marin's work and highly recommend him even if you don't live in the DFW area.

kbaisley

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5spd
Top Notch Service

Marin recently helped me out with my cluster upgrade. I converted my 06 TDI to a FIS Cluster. Marin cloned the IMMO information and programmed the keys as well as provided some additional service above and beyond the scope of our original transaction.

I wish I lived closer to Texas, as I would more than trust him to perform work on my car.

Quick personable service by someone you can trust... Thanks Marin

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
Marin recently helped me out with my cluster upgrade. I converted my 06 TDI to a FIS Cluster. Marin cloned the IMMO information and programmed the keys as well as provided some additional service above and beyond the scope of our original transaction.

I wish I lived closer to Texas, as I would more than trust him to perform work on my car.

Quick personable service by someone you can trust... Thanks Marin
Thank you.

I want to let everyone that I can program on Most VW-Audi Keys , Cluster and ECU till 2014 models.
If anyone need anything, even advice you can send me email or PM (private message).
Thanks
Marin