Anyone need help,here I am(Dallas-Plano ,TX

1.8terrible

TDI
03 1.8t
Wanted to come and say thank you as well to Marin. He helped me out of a very sticky situation with my Jetta.

Long story short, when I bought my car, I was unaware that the used car dealer I bought the car from disabled my CEL. I was unable to pass inspection or get registration for over a year after the registration/inspection that came with the car expired. After taking it to the dealership I was quickly aware that having a vw dealership fix the issues was not an option. Being an unemployed recent graduate, I just don't have that kind of money.

Luckily, I found Marin. He understood my situation and need to get the car passing inspection for job hunting. After dropping off my car Marin was able to repair my damaged instrument cluster (VW wanted to program in a brand new cluster), and get my car inspection ready. Since I left my insurance with him he was even able to take it to a nearby inspection shop, so when I picked up the car I just had to take it for registration. He did all of this for a fraction of what the dealership quoted me.

I cant thank you enough, I went from not being able to really drive the car for over a year, to having it in full working order in a day. If anyone is hesitant about taking your car to Marin, don't be. I don't like just anyone working on my car, but this guy really knows what he is doing and will take care of your vehicle. Can not wait to use him again.

voilsb

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
I forgot to write a review...
A few months ago I took my car to Marin for a timing belt job and some other mods, and he did an excellent job. He also found (and showed me) some damage the dealership had done during a warranty hpfp replacement. Finally, he had the integrity to refuse to do some work that he felt like the risk outweighed the benefits due to what appeared to be sub-par materials.
Excellent, intelligent, professional mechanic who is willing to go the extra mile to explain and demonstrate what's going on with the work he performs with the integrity to ensure his work stands up to his name.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
Marin,
I can't thank you enough for the cluster and ECU work! The engine started on the first key cycle.

All,
I was working on swapping my DSG for a manual, 5sp. Everything was a bolt-in solution, but I wanted the swap to be as original and as trouble free as possible. Consequently, my biggest concern was the ECU, Cluster, Immobilizer, and wiring.

I contacted Marin about recoding my cluster from a DSG to manual, and recoding the donor ECU VIN to match mine.

Everything worked without a problem!

Thanks again!

Tony

Renee

TDI
2004 Jetta
looks like you are the go to guy for issues, 2 ECUs for one car, obtaining pins, and great work. to bad I am in CA. I will emails you my questions/issues.
Renée

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
Jetta_97 has helped me with my 2009 2.5L gas to 2.0 CR TDI swap on my 2009 jetta wagon

he knew exactly what he was doing and got it done fast and right the first time around....flawless!!

he was able to take my full FIS cluster from the 2.5L, take my donor half fis cluster from the 2.0 CR TDI and take all the immobilizer and programming and combine it into a FULL FIS diesel cluster i gave him. Along with programming the keys/ECU.

all i did was plugged it in and worked.

update: few months later!

everything still works exactly how it should. no codes and no problems!

I highly recommend his work to everyone and i will definitely be a returning customer of his with my other diesel swaps

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
Jetta_97 has helped me with my 2009 2.5L gas to 2.0 CR TDI swap on my 2009 jetta wagon

he knew exactly what he was doing and got it done fast and right the first time around....flawless!!

he was able to take my full FIS cluster from the 2.5L, take my donor half fis cluster from the 2.0 CR TDI and take all the immobilizer and programming and combine it into a FULL FIS diesel cluster i gave him. Along with programming the keys/ECU.

all i did was plugged it in and worked.

update: few months later!

everything still works exactly how it should. no codes and no problems!

I highly recommend his work to everyone and i will definitely be a returning customer of his with my other diesel swaps
Thank you .

I can wait for that Passat TDI swap you are doing at moment.

dieselgti

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 JTI 1.8T
Just sent you an email about a cluster swap for a mk5 TDI...

Might want a mk6 cluster swap for another VW at some point too :)

Brandon

zleem60

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI w/ 5th gear swap .658, 2002Jetta Tdi six speed swap!! :)
Jetta,97

After reading all the post here. I am hoping you can help me with my car problem.

2006 Jetta Tdi. I am having an issue with car starting and stopping within 2 seconds. Replaced Relay 460 and still same problem.
The instrument cluster does not move, no lights, all gauges do not move. The center screen that display door open, that still works. Got P1650 error on Vagcom. Is my cluster toast?
How much for repair? I am Running out of ideas.

Mike

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
Check your Private message , I sent you one.
It is possible that cluster is bad .

Thanks
Jetta,97

After reading all the post here. I am hoping you can help me with my car problem.

2006 Jetta Tdi. I am having an issue with car starting and stopping within 2 seconds. Replaced Relay 460 and still same problem.
The instrument cluster does not move, no lights, all gauges do not move. The center screen that display door open, that still works. Got P1650 error on Vagcom. Is my cluster toast?
How much for repair? I am Running out of ideas.

Mike

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

zleem60

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI w/ 5th gear swap .658, 2002Jetta Tdi six speed swap!! :)
Cluster Still Good!!

So Marin said to send him my Cluster and he would diagnose it before I go and buy a new/ used one. My car was cranking over once and it would stop. I've sent Marin the Cluster from my 06 Jetta TDI. As soon as he received it. He was able to hook up and bench test it and the cluster would power up. The next thing he did he hooked it up to his car and it would power up and everything worked. So he suggested I checked the power/ ground/ 12v wire. Which he was able to provide what wires they were so I can check the wiring when I got the Cluster back from him. With his direction on where to test the wiring, my mechanic and I was able to figure out one of the fuse was plugged into the wrong slot. The cluster was not getting any power so the immobilizer wouldn't allow the car to keep running. He didn't charge me anything other than the shipping charge back to me. I did send additional funds to him but it was no where enough for the time he spent to help me out.
Marin is a Great Mechanic and I really trust that he will do the best he can to help you out!!
Thanks Marin. You're one of a kind!!. Now I just need to get good tunes so my 06 Jetta is not a Freight Train when I put the pedal to the metal :D.
By the way Marin, Can you do Custom tune for 06 Jetta TDI if I gave you all the upgrades I've done to my car??

Thanks,

Mike in Queen Creek, AZ

Check your Private message , I sent you one.
It is possible that cluster is bad .
Thanks

Moparjr89

TDI
2006 jetta tdi 5 speed
I have a 2006 jetta brm with an immbolizer issue, car will start for one second then shut off and the immbolizer light is blinking, how much to help me get it fixed? I am willing to ship you the cluster and key if needed to fix the issue.

TDIintheSkys

TDI
2015 GSW SEL & 2014 JSW TDIs
Marin -

I'm emailing you this:

Saga of the 2014 JSW SEL TDI parking brake warning light and 5 minute LOUD warning chime (that resets every time I come to a complete stop, so no, I can't live with it) continues... Ok, after hours of analysis, ripping out the center console and front seat, VW of Palm Springs (great people and service, btw). Has ascertained that....
The problem is not the hand brake sensor, not the brake fluid sensor or the wiring... My instrument cluster must have a short or the board must be bad. Problem is, doesn't appear you can just disconnect the parking brake wire to the cluster because it's already getting the correct signal and still malfunctioning!
So, does anyone have a solution short of buying a new instrument cluster and re-coding it? (dealer did give a quote of $725 for parts & labor, but I don't want to spend that on a car w/143k miles on it, if I can avoid it). I'm stuck! Thanks...

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
Marin -

I'm emailing you this:

Saga of the 2014 JSW SEL TDI parking brake warning light and 5 minute LOUD warning chime (that resets every time I come to a complete stop, so no, I can't live with it) continues... Ok, after hours of analysis, ripping out the center console and front seat, VW of Palm Springs (great people and service, btw). Has ascertained that....
The problem is not the hand brake sensor, not the brake fluid sensor or the wiring... My instrument cluster must have a short or the board must be bad. Problem is, doesn't appear you can just disconnect the parking brake wire to the cluster because it's already getting the correct signal and still malfunctioning!
So, does anyone have a solution short of buying a new instrument cluster and re-coding it? (dealer did give a quote of $725 for parts & labor, but I don't want to spend that on a car w/143k miles on it, if I can avoid it). I'm stuck! Thanks...
Email reply back to you few days ago.

Thanks.

mk4_noob

TDI
2003 Jetta
Hi, I’m new here but wanted to thank the members of this forum and jetta ,97 (Marin) for helping me keep and fix my 2003 tdi Jetta. I knew my car needed some work on the suspension/bushings but I didn’t know what exactly, so I reached out to Marin after I saw this thread, and asked if he was available to take a look and help me get a list of what I needed. We met up, and he gave me a very thorough list of what was ok still, and what wasn’t which was great because some things I thought were bad (shocks) were still in fine shape. He said it could be done by Thursday night, and I got a call Wednesday afternoon saying he had already finished! New control arm bushings, strut mounts, sway bar bushings, lower ball joints, rear pads and rotors, both cooling fans :eek:, new transmission fluid, break fluid flush, and he even installed the shifter bushings I had gotten from DieselGeek . Needless to say, my car feels fantastic now. If you are in the Dallas area and need some work done, send jetta ,97 a message. It is very nice to know a mechanic who is knowledgeable, fast, and honest. Also the total bill was less than I expected which was great for helping me explain to my wife why I wanted to put a large chunk of money into a 17 year old car [FONT=&quot]?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Thanks again Marin,

-Kyle

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Sometime around the middle of April I'll be coming up I-35 from Laredo to Dallas, then east to Texarkana.

Looking to have my DSG fluid changed on my Passat and an idea of the cost.

r_boyd

TDI
2012 vw passat tdise sunroof and nav
Hello Marin ,

I lost your number I have a 2013 Mercedes sprinter motor and am getting 207d and 214d error codes. Can you help with and what’s the address of your shop.

Thanks,

Rayman Boyd

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
Professional service

Greetings Marin, I want to take this opportunity to thank you for the diligent job you did to resolve fixing my older key fob through your technical expertise and know-how regarding warranty work!