Morimoto Mini Shroud

TDI
I've taken another attempt at HID lighting in my 03 Jetta. I used to have a set of G5 projectors in there but switched after having output problems. The problem I am having with he Mini's is that the projector shroud, although installed on the projector correctly seems to be too far forward, enough so that the very top of the shroud makes contact with the headlight lens making it impossible for me to adjust my headlight angle upward. I didn't have this problem with my G5s...the difference that I could see is that the shroud on the G5 went over the projector so that it was flush/parallel with the black ring on the projector, creating on level surface between the shroud and that black ring. On the mini's the shroud does not do that, but instead leaves about 5mm of space, maybe a bit more....well I think that 5mm of space would be just enough so that it wouldn't obstruct....so can someone tell me if I am doing something wrong with this shroud, or if there is another shroud I can get that will push back even with the projector ring?

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
I have the Morimoto III. You need to snip snip, cover up the back with PVC or something.