World Impex

rtj49

TDI
2006 jetta
Sorry if this the wrong place to post. Is World Impex still in business? There phone number is now for another business. Any help finding them?
Thanks,
RTJ49

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Lots of smaller online stores are disappearing. It's not easy to compete with big internet marketing companies and online parts stores with outside investors. And during this pandemic we're now seeing some distributors go away, too. The pace of change in the auto parts world is accelerating.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
I have heard that there were health issues involved with their closing. The fact that they eliminated local pick up and went to online ordering and shipping did it for me...

Lots of smaller online stores are disappearing. It's not easy to compete with big internet marketing companies and online parts stores with outside investors. And during this pandemic we're now seeing some distributors go away, too. The pace of change in the auto parts world is accelerating.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Lots of Good times were had at Impex! However after John left was never the same I buy all my stuff from Peter at ID Parts the last few years.....however older now paying people to work on my cars!

rtj49

TDI
2006 jetta
I think you are correct. After John sold out it was never the same. I think Covid put the nail in the coffin.:mad: Sad. Small business is facing a tough road.
Raymond Jordan
2006 Jetta tdi

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I think you are correct. After John sold out it was never the same. I think Covid put the nail in the coffin.:mad: Sad. Small business is facing a tough road.
Raymond Jordan
2006 Jetta tdi
My Family runs 4 Gymnastics Center we are reopening this week but restrictions limit us to about 15% of our previous capacity and folks are hesitant o come back so we may not make it

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
I worry a lot about youth sports organizations. On the one hand, kids seem relatively lightly impacted by COVID, but on the other hand....this is people's kids, of whom they are very protective.

I wish you well - all the best.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Raymond Jordan
2006 Jetta tdi
Impex closed some time before the pandemic. Like other smaller retailers, it's difficult to compete against some of the bigger players that have outside money and/or more buying power. Profit margins are continually squeezed in this and many other businesses. Good news is that the pandemic has affected us (at least) less than it might have. And repair shops I talk to are very busy, which seems odd since I would think people are driving less, and therefore needing less service.

tactdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
I bought a 07 GTI that needed work (broken timing belt), as a project to keep busy and sane, while sheltering in place/working from home. Addiitonally needed to fix the clutch and also replace the timing belt on my TDI.

So I have been busy with my hobby of fixing cars and buying parts (doing my part to keep the economy moving).