Buying a CR with a DPF delete. Any issues with certification?

McGuillicuddy

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon (5MT)
Thinking of upgrading from my 2003 wagon to a 2013 wagon. Just looking for a little more refinement and creature comfort in my daily driving. A local car appears to have been well cared for by a TDI enthusiast (tuned, Dieselgate changes deleted, etc.). Anybody know if there are issues with getting a vehicle safetied with a DPF delete? I know DriveClean is over, but not sure how much the emission system is insepected for completeness.

dober

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Silver Jetta TDI, 2006 Jetta Wagon
I was in the same boat a few months ago. Ended up with a bmw x5d. Couldn’t be happier. I did like my Jetta but I’m much happier now!

McGuillicuddy

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon (5MT)

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
Why wouldn't the seller provide a safety? Are you buying the car as is? I wouldn't touch a 2013-2014 car from a private seller with a 10 foot pole if they didn't sell it to me with a safety

McGuillicuddy

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon (5MT)
Why wouldn't the seller provide a safety? Are you buying the car as is? I wouldn't touch a 2013-2014 car from a private seller with a 10 foot pole if they didn't sell it to me with a safety
Yah that's a fair point. I guess these are newer cars than I'm used to dealing with (which often come as-is).

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
I mean it's your call at the end of the day. How many km is the car in question? If it's got 200k km I can see an as is sale, but even then I'd expect a seller to supply a safety, just my 2 cents.

And what's the asking price? I've seen very nice examples on autotrader and Kijiji with 100-110k km for 11000ish, which is really good for a wagon, in my opinion

McGuillicuddy

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon (5MT)
I mean it's your call at the end of the day. How many km is the car in question? If it's got 200k km I can see an as is sale, but even then I'd expect a seller to supply a safety, just my 2 cents.

And what's the asking price? I've seen very nice examples on autotrader and Kijiji with 100-110k km for 11000ish, which is really good for a wagon, in my opinion
This was a higher mileage car at a lower price $8.5K but I decided to pass (and he decided not to sell anyways). There are plenty to be had in the $11K range. I was hoping for under $10K. I am not worried about higher mileage for those vehicles with a HPFP covered under VW Dieselgate warranty for a few years (obviously the one I was looking at would not be).

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
I've seen a couple older ones (2011-2012) for around 7-9k, but yea they're around 160k or higher. If you look long and hard you could probably find a 10k example with under 150k, but it'll likely be the lower trim, which if that doesn't bother you then great.

McGuillicuddy

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon (5MT)
I've seen a couple older ones (2011-2012) for around 7-9k, but yea they're around 160k or higher. If you look long and hard you could probably find a 10k example with under 150k, but it'll likely be the lower trim, which if that doesn't bother you then great.
I'd like leather, but I don't want a sunroof...not sure if that exists.

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
I'd like leather, but I don't want a sunroof...not sure if that exists.
Nope, not that I know of. Could always get a trendline with cloths and no sunroof and just buy a set of leathers, i've seen a decent amount of mk6 part outs in ontario