1.9 Tdi 1Z minimal wiring to offroad use.

Flekkeny

TDI
1.9 pdtdi sharan,
Hey guys!
I am working on a new project, 1.9 tdi 1Z engine swap to Lada Niva.
The engine is paired with the lada niva's original gearbox, (lada clutch, Audi 80 flywheel, Audi b4 startor). I already did it before with AAZ 1.9 td and it still works fine.
Now I want the 1Z engine. I have problems with wiring. I just searched a lot but still not find the right wiring diagram.
My donor car is a 94 Passat B4, i have all the wire cluster with fusebox, Ecu and more.
I just want to wire it up minimal, (egr, maf) like the stock passat.
Soo what is the most important wirings what i can do to run the engine?
Thanks!
Arnold.

dkongul

TDI
1.9tdi AGR
Hey guys!
I am working on a new project, 1.9 tdi 1Z engine swap to Lada Niva.
The engine is paired with the lada niva's original gearbox, (lada clutch, Audi 80 flywheel, Audi b4 startor). I already did it before with AAZ 1.9 td and it still works fine.
Now I want the 1Z engine. I have problems with wiring. I just searched a lot but still not find the right wiring diagram.
My donor car is a 94 Passat B4, i have all the wire cluster with fusebox, Ecu and more.
I just want to wire it up minimal, (egr, maf) like the stock passat.
Soo what is the most important wirings what i can do to run the engine?
Thanks!
Arnold.
hi Flekkeny,

I have seen bosch VE pumps installed instead of electronic pumps. They require only single 12v for the selenoid. You might wanna look in to that option. Wiki you can install pumps from cummins 4bt (requieres adaptor) or other mechanical bosch pumps.

hope it helps.

CasaEd

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Passat TDi B4, VW Passat TDi B4 GL, VW Passat B3 PD AWX Conversion
The engine will run with a stock 1.9 td or 1.6 td injector pump and you can use the 10mm head from the 1z injector pump because its 10mm