DRL light replacement

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 6 Speed manual
So driverside DRL was out. Man what a hassle to change. Took wheel off and still couldn't get it. Fast forward a few days figured I'd take another crack at it even though I could still not find my 45 degree longnose pliers. It was like I had an epiphany or something. Just popped hood reached in and it just came out and swapped it like nothing. This was after 30 minutes of fighting this same bulb the previous day. Life was good it was going to be a good day... and then a 50 foot oak tree uprooted and crashed my garage. Always something. =]

Gilty_one

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Execline 3.0 V6 TDI; 2012 Jetta Highline TDI
So driverside DRL was out. Man what a hassle to change. Took wheel off and still couldn't get it. Fast forward a few days figured I'd take another crack at it even though I could still not find my 45 degree longnose pliers. It was like I had an epiphany or something. Just popped hood reached in and it just came out and swapped it like nothing. This was after 30 minutes of fighting this same bulb the previous day. Life was good it was going to be a good day... and then a 50 foot oak tree uprooted and crashed my garage. Always something. =]
I find that those wires attached to the housing get in the way all the time. Fought with the main headlight for a whole weekend before I realized it kept getting pinched. same with the DRLs, city light and turn signals...