Additional CCM coding and configurations with VDS Pro

Zapjackson

TDI
Jetta
Okay, so I am still having the same problems with my DWA alarm going off. Invisible said something about changing my CCM from H8 to H12, and I have no idea what that means. Ive searched and searched, but can not find anything on H8 or H12. I know that my error codes show H12- Siren when I read codes from my CCM. Does anyone know the procedure for doing this? Is this a simple software code, or a rewire of some sort?

JettaGetUpandGo

TDI
No TDI. 2005 Jetta GLI
I was reading on the last page about a way to read the KVW100 coding off the CCM so one touch roll-up could be enabled.

I just bought a new CCM to eliminate my KVW100 so I could do the DWA siren. I put the new CCM in today and coded for the window roll up/down via VDS Pro and will do the siren in the next couple of days.

I would be willing to donate my old KVW100 enabled 1C0 module if someone has the ability to read the coding off it.

Steve99

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf TDI, 04 R32
JettaGetUpandGo said:
I was reading on the last page about a way to read the KVW100 coding off the CCM so one touch roll-up could be enabled.

I just bought a new CCM to eliminate my KVW100 so I could do the DWA siren. I put the new CCM in today and coded for the window roll up/down via VDS Pro and will do the siren in the next couple of days.

I would be willing to donate my old KVW100 enabled 1C0 module if someone has the ability to read the coding off it.
I did some touring of forums in other countries, they came to the conclusion that the eeprom that we need to read out is actually stored inside a micro controller and is not a standalone chip we can remove and read/write manually.
If it turns out there is a standalone eeprom that can be removed I'd be happy to do whatever it takes to remove and read it, at this point it seems unlikely though.

Invisible

TDI
Leon
hi

@Zapjackson:

* H8 is regular horn alarm

12volt Vcc to confort T15/12
H8 pin to confort T15/11

* H12 is DWA

T5/12 pin is not used, perhaps this creates the problem if connected

best regards
Invisible

Invisible

TDI
Leon
Steve99 said:
I did some touring of forums in other countries, they came to the conclusion that the eeprom that we need to read out is actually stored inside a micro controller and is not a standalone chip we can remove and read/write manually.
If it turns out there is a standalone eeprom that can be removed I'd be happy to do whatever it takes to remove and read it, at this point it seems unlikely though.
what about connect it to the car and make a program that bruteforces the login (login+workshop), 5 numbers can be quickly tested..

I think madelgado have code to quick patch and compile this..

best regards
Invisible

PD: due to familiar problems I slow down all stuff till past week

Steve99

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf TDI, 04 R32
Invisible said:
what about connect it to the car and make a program that bruteforces the login (login+workshop), 5 numbers can be quickly tested..

I think madelgado have code to quick patch and compile this..

best regards
Invisible

PD: due to familiar problems I slow down all stuff till past week
I do believe the module will lock you out after a failed login attempt. How long it lasts or if a power cycle will reset it I am not sure of.

Invisible

TDI
Leon
hi

I am not sure module will have a "grace time", if I try to login with vds using a wrong code error message pops up and I can try inmediatly till I enter the right code.

Anyway hardware aproach (if possible) is faster,
I will take a look inside ccm this weekend and post results,
if I sucess I will dump "kwped ccm" for posting and finding the bit

best regards
Invisible

JettaGetUpandGo

TDI
No TDI. 2005 Jetta GLI
After getting off to a little bit of a rough start, the DWA siren is in! I had remembered seeing two horns behind the driver's side fender liner, so I started off by removing the wheel and fender liner only to discover the "honk" when I armed the alarm came from neither horn. Removing the wipers and the rain tray to get at the original horn was a pain in the posterior.

I did the wiring a little bit differently than described in this thread. I wanted to keep the original horn's wiring in tact in case I ever wanted to go back, so I just disconnected it and left it be.

I ran two new wires into the cabin for the signal wire and for power instead of using the wire from the old horn and switching at the CCM connector.

Pin 1 > Signal wire to T15/3 on CCM
Pin 2 > Grounded to OEM grounding bolt near wipers and original horn
Pin 3 > Power wire to distribution block above pedals (although any 12v source will work)

I could not get the original horn off its bracket, so I made a new one instead and mounted it in front of the wiper motor.

My only question is when I lock the car the DWA chirps, but when I unlock nothing happens. I remember seeing a setting in VAG-COM to have the horn honk when disarming (I never enabled this on the original horn). Is that all I need to do? It's 2:30 in the morning here now, so I did not want to spend any more time fooling around.

I can't even begin to describe how grateful I am to those of you that contributed to this thread and discovered all these possibilities! Next I may need to find a wrecked Australian .:R for some interior monitoring sensors...

Last edited:

Invisible

TDI
Leon
hi

if you want the siren to beep twice when unlocking just run vagcom, central confort 46, channel 9, should be on :D

best regards
Invisible

DucMike

Veteran Member
TDI
none
So, do you have to hold the buttons down to get the windows up or down? I can see that effecting battery life over the long haul. At least with the KVW, you don't have to hold them down when you're closing things up.

My DWA is patiently awaiting in it's box, waiting for me to get a new CCM & start programming. A question for the masses; if I were able to talk someone into programming it, would it be possible to program a CCM in one car, and install it into another? That might be a good work-around for the simple fact that my computer is not equipped with a floppy drive or serial port. Any thoughts?

Invisible

TDI
Leon
hi

yes, you have to hold on the buttons for windows to close,
one touch close is only working via KVW.

I tough I did found the "magic bit" for one touch close by crossing some data with a audi note about ccm config, however is not working, so I assume this is not the bit :D

address is 4358, leon/vw 4 have the address at 255, so changing to 198 should make the magic..obviously not :D

you can program the ccm (or change the config) in a car and move it to another, no problem, everything works fine,

best regards
Invisible

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
DucMike said:
A question for the masses; if I were able to talk someone into programming it, would it be possible to program a CCM in one car, and install it into another? That might be a good work-around for the simple fact that my computer is not equipped with a floppy drive or serial port. Any thoughts?
Mike, I did this for alexi. I'd be happy to do the same for you. Total turnaround time was about 2 weeks from him mailing it to me to him gettingit back (5 days each way in the mail)...

Merry Christmas All!
-Chris

DucMike

Veteran Member
TDI
none
If that's the case, I may just have to see about sourcing a secont CCM, then figuring exactly what I want changed on it (windows & DWA for sure, any other cool suggestions?). I have heard tell of someone parting out another 20th...

Invisible

TDI
Leon
hi

just a little info about confort,

I dissambled it and after inspect the pcb I found there is no external storage chip (e2p, flash..).

There are just a couple of qfp-64 pin chips that controls all stuff.
The first is a Motorola which I guess is a mcu with a embeded memory marked as "Motorola scs11081cfu", this is not the part number for sure.
The other one is a Amis/Hella 734859, widely sold but still looking for datasheet.

The rest of the components are just relays, logics gates and voltage regulators.

So I will focus on identify what motorola mcu is and try to conect it for dumping

best regards
Invisibe

PCB Picture about 500kb

Last edited:

tonyM

TDI
1999 Golf MK4, 1J1, Highline, AKL, DUU
This is a great forum!
Congratulations for this thread!

I have a Golf 4 with CCM 1J0-959-799-N.
After the successful Window MOD, I decided to make BackupHorn and UltrasonicSensors MODs.

I found the necessary parts from English RHD Golf 4.
Alarm Horn and Rear lights were removed, were installed Backup siren (1J0-951-605 + connector), New Rear Interior lights (1J0-951-171-B + 1J0-951-172-B + connectors), IM kill switch (4B0-962-109-A + connector), were made additional wirings (according to schematics) and activation with VDS-PRO and VAG-COM.

Now I have both MODs working :) , but with the following two problems:
1. I have sound from the siren ONLY with "English" setting in VAG-COM. There isn't any sound with "German" and "Rest Of World".
2. I have problem with Ultrasonic sensors function. The function works at best JUST one time! It usually doesn't work :( After the alarm activation via Key FOB and movement inside after 30 seconds, there isn't any response. And that is because of the following fault:
01135 - Interior Monitoring Sensors
36-10 - Open Circuit - Intermittent
The function doesn't work until fault code reset with VAG-COM.
I checked the wiring many times (according schematics, and http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/112925/769975.aspx too), but there aren't problems with it. The IM kill switch function is correct (detects as YES with VAG-COM (Module 46->Meas.Blocks->009) when the switch is pressed).
I used other pair of sensors 1J0-951-171-B + 1J0-951-172-B, but the problem remains.

Could you help me with suggestions what can be the problem?

Best regards

Last edited:

greekdubber

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 C55 AMG 2003 V6 24V BDF
tonyM said:
This is a great forum!
Congratulations for this thread!

I have a Golf 4 with CCM 1J0-959-799-N.
After the successful Window MOD, I decided to make BackupHorn and UltrasonicSensors MODs.

I found the necessary parts from English RHD Golf 4.
Alarm Horn and Rear lights were removed, were installed Backup siren (1J0-951-605 + connector), New Rear Interior lights (1J0-951-171-B + 1J0-951-172-B + connectors), IM kill switch (4B0-962-109-A + connector), were made additional wirings (according to schematics) and activation with VDS-PRO and VAG-COM.

Now I have both MODs working :) , but with the following two problems:
1. I have sound from the siren ONLY with "English" setting in VAG-COM. There isn't any sound with "German" and "Rest Of World".
2. I have problem with Ultrasonic sensors function. The function works at best JUST one time! It usually doesn't work :( After the alarm activation via Key FOB and movement inside after 30 seconds, there isn't any response. And that is because of the following fault:
01135 - Interior Monitoring Sensors
36-10 - Open Circuit - Intermittent
The function doesn't work until fault code reset with VAG-COM.
I checked the wiring many times (according schematics, and http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/112925/769975.aspx too), but there aren't problems with it. The IM kill switch function is correct (detects as YES with VAG-COM (Module 46->Meas.Blocks->009) when the switch is pressed).
I used other pair of sensors 1J0-951-171-B + 1J0-951-172-B, but the problem remains.

Could you help me with suggestions what can be the problem?

Best regards
I would check the lights them self,because mine had the same problem and the wire ribbon that connected the actuall sensor to the board had broke a soilder hence pen circuit because you have to open them up to change out the bulb which can easily break a soilder

DucMike

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Well, I have found a few cars that are being parted right now. I'm just waiting to hear back with price quotes. Hopefully, the magic bit of data will be sussed out in time for my module to be updated with the one-touch-up feature. Fingers crossed...

tonyM

TDI
1999 Golf MK4, 1J1, Highline, AKL, DUU
I think, I found the problem with the permanent fault 01135.
Along with this trouble code, I have noticed that there was a problem with the front interior light and/or luggage compartment light (when it is forced to be ON by the corresponding switch, it FLICKERS when the CCM switches the others off).
I added two diodes (they were originally missing):

and the fault disappeared :) along with the lights problem.
I'm very happy with the MODs ! :D

DucMike

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Well, I got my hands on a second CCM for my car, and the best part was; it's a freeby. It's always good to know people in the right places, but it's better to keep 'em. :cool: Anyway, has anyone had any luck exactly duplicating the KVW operation yet? Call me lazy, but I do like the ability to push ther lock button and walk away from the car.

I may just sit on this thing till someone's had luck with that, or maybe I will have the current version done, plus the DWA mod. Any other cool options available yet?

Steve99

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf TDI, 04 R32
Well now that you have a spare CCM module you could buy the KWP module for 50 bucks or so and then rig it up and log the data transferred. I know, easy for me to say, its not my 50 bucks. I have been very tempted to do it but need to find a spare CCM for free/cheap.

btw, if I didn't have an R32 I'd have an IY 20th.

DucMike

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Nah; the reason I needed to source the spare module in the first place was because I already polluted the current one with that flash. Don't get me wrong; I love the features. I'm just not so happy about the fact that you can't do anything else to it, once the flash is in there.

Invisible

TDI
Leon
Steve99 said:
Well now that you have a spare CCM module you could buy the KWP module for 50 bucks or so and then rig it up and log the data transferred. I know, easy for me to say, its not my 50 bucks. I have been very tempted to do it but need to find a spare CCM for free/cheap.

btw, if I didn't have an R32 I'd have an IY 20th.
hi there,

if you can log the data between the ccm and kwp (I am running out of time and need to made a quick&dirty hardware for this) and your only problem is needing a spare CCM I can mail you one, no problem, I have a couple lying here,

for the kwp we could make a colect, I think 50$ is pocket money for at last 10-20 people,

what other people says?

best regards
Invisible

Steve99

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf TDI, 04 R32
Invisible said:
hi there,

if you can log the data between the ccm and kwp (I am running out of time and need to made a quick&dirty hardware for this) and your only problem is needing a spare CCM I can mail you one, no problem, I have a couple lying here,

for the kwp we could make a colect, I think 50$ is pocket money for at last 10-20 people,

what other people says?

best regards
Invisible
If you're willing to send a spare CCM then I am in. I have done a lot of serial logging in the past.

The idea of the project would to:

-figure out how to add 1 touch window up ourselves using VDS-Pro
-figure out the login code so people who have used the KWP module can regain access to their CCM's

Never know what else we might learn in the process.
I believe the KWP100 module is 50 USD shipped.

I'm happy to kick in the first 10 bucks towards buying one, anyone else?

Invisible

TDI
Leon
hi

no problem, pm your address, along this week I will send you a 1C0 F CCM by post mail,

about the project: perfect, you got the point, what else can I say :)

best regards
Invisible

DucMike

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Steve99 said:
I believe the KWP100 module is 50 USD shipped.

I'm happy to kick in the first 10 bucks towards buying one, anyone else?
Count me in. Figure I'll be benefitting from this as much as anyone else. Can't wait to see the outcome. :cool:

cmp260

TDI
passat 2002 estate
passat b5 Interior Monitoring Sensors 36-00 - Open Circuit

Ive got a problem too: Interior Monitoring Sensors 36-00 - Open Circuit and same intermittient alarm symptoms.
Anyone have a schematic for a 2003 paasst estate?
Haynes manual does not include schematic of ultrasonic sensors.:mad:
anyway here is how to lock car without alarm:
1) unlock car with remote
2) open drivers door -important if you dont alarm will reset
3) close door and open door behind driver
4) reach in and press drivers central lock button to close all locks without setting alarm
5) close passenger door
tested tailgate switch, its working fine.

Last edited:

rambo_005

TDI
Bora V6 4motion Highline
madelgado said:
MOD 2: Activate the disconnection by inmobiliser:

* Connect and login vdspro to the CCM.

* Read address 04355. The first three bytes (which must be the same) will read a certain value, for instance a value of 255 or 24 (it could be any other, depending on other features activated or disabled). Back-up in a piece of paper this number.

Now there are two possibilities: If you have 255, then the new value will be 128 to activate the mod. In another case, follow this:

* Convert the value to binary. So 24 (for instance) = 00011000

* We have to set to 1 the bit in bold... if it is already with a value of 1 then the feature is also active.. so the number turns into 10011000, which is equivalent to the decimal 152.

* We will write this number three times at addresses 04355, 04356 and 04357.

* Disconnect and test
I am looking to do this mod as it sounds like a great idea, but I am not sure if my CCMs (1C0 959 799 C) coding is correct for it?

This is what is located there presently:

04355 0 16 16 16 64 64 64 240 240 240
04356 0 0 16 16 16 64 64 64 240 240
0 0 0 16 16 16 64 64 64 240

Has anyone does this before, if so what did your coding look like?

Many thanks if anyone can help me! :)

Last edited:

aruizdechavez

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GLX Passat; 2008 Sport Bora ... Non TDI :(
Good night to all...

Count me in with another 10... just to see if finaly the "magic bit" for one touch window roll up is found.

I live in Mexico so the easiest way is to transfer funds via paypal. PM me!