3.0 Gen-2 Fix Payment

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
They just called me. Said they were going to walk me through getting to step 16 (offer). Im still on 15 with documents complete. Put me on hold a few times, then came back saying she was going to escalate the claim. My documents have been complete since 6/26.

When I called them a few days ago they said the time estimate for this step was 7-20 days, tomorrow being the 20th day.

We shall see.

bhuizer

TDI
2014 Toureg TDI, 2014 Q5 TDI, Past: 2012 Touareg TDI, 2012 Jetta TDI
Wow, sucks to hear guys. I guess I'll consider myself lucky. I wonder if there is an entirely different group handling the 3.0's? Seems like this should have been an easy thing for VW to be prepared for, and a lot less vehicles to deal with compared to the 2.0's.

Fourplay

, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2014 A8L
Wow, sucks to hear guys. I guess I'll consider myself lucky. I wonder if there is an entirely different group handling the 3.0's? Seems like this should have been an easy thing for VW to be prepared for, and a lot less vehicles to deal with compared to the 2.0's.
Apparently since my cars are registered to my corporation, VW themselves are issuing the EFT payments.

I had to fax a form + voided check to a random Canadian fax number that is apparently VW's accounts payable division.

I have to do this for every single claim (they don't have the ability to create a file for me) and I have to wait 5-7 days after my appointment to get an email prompting me to send in this form. If I send in the form before I'm asked to do so, it will cause processing delays.

Why they couldn't just use Chase, I don't know. Incredibly dumb.

Nash_TDI

TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Apparently since my cars are registered to my corporation, VW themselves are issuing the EFT payments.
I had to fax a form + voided check to a random Canadian fax number that is apparently VW's accounts payable division.
I have to do this for every single claim (they don't have the ability to create a file for me) and I have to wait 5-7 days after my appointment to get an email prompting me to send in this form. If I send in the form before I'm asked to do so, it will cause processing delays.
This for just the Gen I cars you turned in. Have you started any of the Gen IIs yet?

Fourplay

TDI
2014 A8L
This for just the Gen I cars you turned in. Have you started any of the Gen IIs yet?
This process is for the Gen II early repair restitution (the 50% fix payment).

Basically, from when my signed offer letter is accepted to when I actually get the money will be >5 weeks.

-2 weeks minimum from letter acceptance to appointment (still don't know why they need 2 weeks - I understand for buybacks with checks or something, but this is literally a 30 second process)

-2 weeks from appointment to EFT info request email

-1 week for "processing"

Which means that the entire process from document upload to money in bank is over 2 months.

VW is the worst.

Nash_TDI

TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Wow, still not sure why I've been waiting so long since ive had completed docs since 6/26. Guess I have a long 5/6 more weeks ahead of me too.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
This process is for the Gen II early repair restitution (the 50% fix payment).

Basically, from when my signed offer letter is accepted to when I actually get the money will be >5 weeks.

-2 weeks minimum from letter acceptance to appointment (still don't know why they need 2 weeks - I understand for buybacks with checks or something, but this is literally a 30 second process)

-2 weeks from appointment to EFT info request email

-1 week for "processing"

Which means that the entire process from document upload to money in bank is over 2 months.

VW is the worst.
Uh oh, unforeseen issue. Get em all in now and that 5 weeks won't slow your cash flow if the Gen II's aren't repairable.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
This has been process for Gen 1 cars for all business cars since day 1... Guess you haven't been doing any of those yet.

BTW, excellent point on not sending documents early. The ones I sent when they ask, get paid quick. Last week I sent a few extra ones and they got delayed. Lesson learned

Nash_TDI

TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
When I bought the car the portal showed full restitution. Its now been a month since my documents were complete. Called again today and says previous owner claims. So will see if they end up valid or not.

Fourplay

TDI
2014 A8L
This has been process for Gen 1 cars for all business cars since day 1... Guess you haven't been doing any of those yet.
BTW, excellent point on not sending documents early. The ones I sent when they ask, get paid quick. Last week I sent a few extra ones and they got delayed. Lesson learned
I didn't have the dealer license when we were buying Gen 1 cars, so the returns were all in my name and not my business. Much easier process.

I ended up selecting check on all my future claims and submitting a POA so I don't have to be present at all appointments.

My warehouse is about 70 miles from my house, 50 miles from the closet Audi dealer (which is on the route between warehouse and residence). Bringing these cars in for the payment is such a PITA. Only have 3 of us on the dealer insurance, so we end up just making endless 100 mile loops to get all the cars on one day. Have 9 cars lined up for next Saturday, should be fun.

On the bright side, appointments can now be scheduled just 7 days in advance (vs 14 days previously).

Burnt

TDI
A7
Still haven't received my payment email yet. Appointment on 7/13