3.0 Gen 2 - verification appointment?

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
So my claim's been approved for my 2014 Q5. To get the "participation payment", I need to take the car to the Audi dealer; my appointment for that is Friday afternoon. None of the communication I've gotten so far says anything other than that the car itself has to be there. Does anyone know of anything else that's needed? It'd be annoying to make the trip up there (about an hour each way), only to find that I'm missing something.

RebelTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi Q5 TDI, 2016 BMW 535d Xdrive
I'm scheduled for the 14th. I noticed that there is no mention of what to bring, other than the car. I'm going to bring my title, just to be safe. I uploaded the title when I registered, so I guess I'm being superfluous. Looking forward to a little extra cash.

Dr Chill

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 A8L TDI
My appointment is July 5th. I'll post again here afterward. All I have to bring is the car and current vehicle registration.

Fourplay

, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2014 A8L
Have they said the vehicle needs current registration? Per my email, all you need is the physical car and your ID.

We have 5 cars going in on July 6th for verification and none are registered (I have a dealer license, so they don't have to be). Hopefully they don't ask for it.

UMRMiner98

TDI
2013 Passat
You have to have the claim number that you recieved when you got all your paperwork in the mail. Just had my 2013 Passat reprogrammed. My wife can tell a difference in daily driving. Probably going to be calling Malone if she still thinks it runs like crap.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
You have to have the claim number that you recieved when you got all your paperwork in the mail. Just had my 2013 Passat reprogrammed. My wife can tell a difference in daily driving. Probably going to be calling Malone if she still thinks it runs like crap.
Case number needed ,yes

When (if) you do the MOD...

IMO, you risk loosing the great warranty.

Each driver to his/her own needs.

zmetl

TDI
2102 Passat TDI SEL, 2013 Touareg TDI
Took in my 2013 TDI Touareg today. They:

- took a photo of the vin on the vehicle
- took a photo of my drivers license
- had me sign some type of confirmation document

That was it. No title, no registration. Took a whole 5 minutes after the service bay finally figured out where to send me to. The 3rd party rep was in a side office waiting for me.

Fourplay

, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2014 A8L
Are there different emails going out? The only thing mine says is:
I would imagine they need photo ID to confirm that you are the same person who submitted the claim.

Took in my 2013 TDI Touareg today. They:

- took a photo of the vin on the vehicle
- took a photo of my drivers license
- had me sign some type of confirmation document

That was it. No title, no registration. Took a whole 5 minutes after the service bay finally figured out where to send me to. The 3rd party rep was in a side office waiting for me.
Thanks for the intel. I have 7 vehicles to bring in over the next 10 days, so I'm glad to hear it's an easy process.

Dr Chill

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 A8L TDI
They glanced at my Photo ID and took a pic of the VIN. 5 minutes in and out. Walked away with paperwork verifying the amount I'll receive by EFT. Email saying same arrived a minute later.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
I would imagine they need photo ID to confirm that you are the same person who submitted the claim.
That would make sense, though (1) if that is necessary, why not say so; and (2) there really shouldn't be a problem with having someone else take in the car for the verification. Neither is a big deal, but it'd be nice if they'd simply say what's required.

McFuzz

TDI
A6 TDI
Went in today - they verified my VIN, address, name on registration and boom, done. Next will be an email from Chase and free cash money.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
I did buybacks and wasn't asked for ID. She said thats because she had a copy of it in her system and saw that it was me based on my ID photo.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
Went in this afternoon--two photos of the VIN (label inside the door, and from outside the windshield), one photo of odometer, one photo of my ID. The confirmation email took a few more minutes to arrive than it did when I sold back my 2-liters, but other than that completely smooth sailing.