My TDI buyer experience with Herm TDI

99TDIgolf

TDI
1999.5 TDI golf
This post is a synapses of my TDI experience with HermTDI. In late 2013 I made an ill-advised purchase of a TDI Jetta from a dealer. At the time I was in love with the supposed longevity and MPG’s of the TDI and did not properly vet the car. After many large repair bills the only positive aspect of owning my original TDI is that through this forum I found references to a local TDI mechanic ……HermTDI.
I brought my Jetta to Herm for the first time late this winter and unfortunately his diagnosis was another large repair bill. Herm took the time to look over the car with me diagnosing and explaining each necessary repair with options and the order it should be completed.
In the end I chose to purchase another TDI but this time from Herm. This car is gorgeous and well maintained and his asking price was more than fair. Herm took the time to tutor me on proper TDI care to the “T”. He spent one entire afternoon teaching me how to replace brake calipers, e-brake cables ect on my new TDI golf.
We as TDI owners will be hard pressed to find a more well informed, ethical, honest, detail oriented mechanic. Herm TDI genuinely loves these little cars and his meticulous work is evident in every job. From my experiences I would highly recommend using Herm TDI for repairs and or guidance.

Herm TDI

Vendor
Richmond, Maine...The far side of Witsend
TDI
2002 Golf GLS Malone Stage 3, P+520 nozzles, 11MM Inj pump, Sachs VR6 clutch, Stelth Race Pipe, Immo Deleat, EGR Deleat
Hi Chris,
You left out some of the "fun stuff".....like chopping the Golf out of ice...8" deep!

You should post a few photos of your Golf. I will say that for a 15 Yr old car she looks darn good (inside and out).

Lancelot1953

TDI
2001 TDI, 2002 TDI
I second the nice comments about Herm TDI - Him and I had a long conversation about the demise of my car (2002 Jetta 01M Automatic) and what he recommended as "therapy". He was very honest, much better than what I had been fed in the past.
He is a true gentleman and I highly recommend him for your TDI woes, Ciao, L