Help w chase payment on 3.0

Motodude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 q7tdi. 2012 q7tdi
Got the email saying I have funds but it says accept money and then take you to a page w your email and asks for password. What password is it? There is no link to set up an account so I dont know how they would have a password yet.

verdeo

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2003 Jetta TDI wagon,retired, 2005 Passat TDI wagon, 2012 Touareg TDI
I too ran into this last night late. I used the same password as my claims account and it was rejected. I tried it twice just in case, but then resisted further attempts to guess. I had read about account locking somewhere with 3 wrong attempts so I took a shot at forgot password link.

I received nothing last night from Chase about resetting, so I went to bed expecting on having a rough retrieval this coming Monday.

Early this AM I did receive a rather complicated new password set up that required me to recall a couple of cryptic questions that I must have entered last fall with my Passat turn in. I took a guess and was wrong on one but my second guess worked.

So, I finally successfully pointed them to my bank on file this morning!
It hasn't been easy for me!

Good Luck

Motodude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 q7tdi. 2012 q7tdi
I got the password reset then they asked 2 questions and I put in the answers and it said they wrong and they locked me out. Have to wait till monday. :(

verdeo

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2003 Jetta TDI wagon,retired, 2005 Passat TDI wagon, 2012 Touareg TDI
Nasty little glitches! This whole process has been a PITA for 2 cars, but hopefully this is the finish line for good!

tydaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold - 2003 GLI, 2003 TDI Wagon, 2010 TDI Sportwagen, 2010 Touareg v6TDI, 2005 TDI Wagon, current - 2006 v10TDI
Did buyback on 7/5. Money hit my account this am.

verdeo

Veteran Member
TDI
They describe the process in this diagram on VWCourtSettlement.com.

https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/docs/Forms/Accepting-EFT-Payment.pdf
If you had a prior settlement with a 2.0 TDI, the site doesn't go through this process. It just says to sign in. Once you push that tab you are asked for an ID and a password.
If you don't recall those details from the prior Chase set up, or if you are not sure whether this is asking for the VW claims ID password, it can get pretty confusing ...at least to me. Just a heads up.

I had to request a forgotten password portal. When instructions came the following day citing a temp. password, you then had to recall 2 questions. More than one error and you are locked out I believe.

Motodude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 q7tdi. 2012 q7tdi
Called this morning and they reset everything and got it done. Should have money in 24-48 hours.