FS: ‘04TDI, 231k mi, Tiptronic, East IA

kelauben

TDI
2004 Jetta, 2006 jetta
For months wife has been having intermittent reverse issues with her beloved TDI. A few weeks ago, reverse was finally rejected by the car and now it only motors forwards. She has decided that hybrid is the wave of the future and is happily building a relationship with her Camry.
So.
It is time to decide what to do with the ‘04.
The engine has, without a doubt, been the most reliable part of this car and gives us no trouble at all. In fact, my ‘06Tdi broke a serpentine belt and I drove the 04 with no reverse for a week, commuting 52 miles/day, just not backwards.
I talked to another forum member about scrapping it and he suggested I list it here first to see what y’all think.
The good:
Engine/turbo- never given us trouble. Regular maintenance, TB last changed at 165kmiles, regular oil changes with Rotella T6.
Tires have quite a bit of tread and I keep a second set on rims for winter driving, arctic alpine, IIRC.
Sunroof and heated seats still work great
New alternator last summer
A/C works great, blows cold! Heater works great, too (winter is coming)
Heavy duty skid plate.
The not so good:
No reverse
Trunk has a big dent and doesn’t latch. Rear bumper matches it.
Rust on fenders. Rust Starting on doors.
One fog light is cracked and doesn’t work
Headliner is sagging/starting to fall
Somehow the car ran into a light pole and the 2 front airbags went off. New airbags installed incorrectly and the airbag light won’t shut off.
After light pole incident, front fender, radiator, hood, misc stuff were replaced, but car was not repainted
Let’s face it, if the car body was in pristine shape I would pay to have someone put a manual tranny in it and drive it for the rest of my life... but, it is showing its age.
Pictures available if interested.
Asking $1,000, OBO
I can deliver the car within 3 hours of Cedar Rapids if that seals the deal. It currently has a full tank of fuel ($30 value!)