OEM battery

xoman60

TDI
Passat SEL Premium, 2013 and a jetta GLS, 2002, black, 2011 jetta TDI
Just tried to purchase a new oem battery at stealership. When the parts guy brought the battery out I told him that does not look like an oem battery. He said it was an interstate battery and was rated at 80aH and it was better than the oem varta battery. Well, I didn't buy it and thought I would do a little investigating on it. Do dealers not sell the oem varta battery anymore?

AnotherPerson

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Beetle
I'm abusing a duralast platinum going on 6 months now without issue. I do around 70 starts a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strykeviper

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS 5 speed swap, 2002 Jetta Wagon, 2015 Passat SEL, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen
I have an Interstate battery in my car. Was dead from it sitting in the previous owners carport. Had it replaced under warranty. A year later it failed again and was replaced under warranty. About a year ago it failed again and was replaced again.

Have the comparable AGM battery from Oreilly's in my wife's car and have not had any issues in the last 2 years from her car.

Needless to say I am unimpressed by Interstate batteries.

xoman60

TDI
Passat SEL Premium, 2013 and a jetta GLS, 2002, black, 2011 jetta TDI
I haven't had the best of luck with interstate either. I'm glad I didn't buy it. Thanks for the info. Guess I will give the AGM or duralast a shot.