Frank's PD CAMS--- WARRANTY INFO

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
We have our own reprofiled, chrome-plated Stage II cams in stock and they are ready to ship. We can ship with all reassembly parts. We also wish to announce:

WE WILL WARRANT OUR CHROME-PLATED CAMS FOR THREE YEARS, UNLIMITED MILES

To qualify for warranty, each kit must be 'complete', which means each kit will include the choice of chrome-plated cam with the BRM or BEW/BHW injector profile, our modified cam bearings must be properly installed, new nitrided INA lifters, PTFE cam seal, tandem pump seal. We will also mandate our break-in procedure and Joe Gibbs break-in oil. The customer will be required to document use of a VW/Audi designated 505.01 oil that is a 5-40 weight. Our preferred brand is Schaeffer's 9000 5-40, however we will accept other products, as long as they meet the proper ratings. If you are not sure if your oil would qualify, please check with us.

We will not warrant damages arising from abuse or neglect.

Our current pricing for the cams is as follows:

Chrome-plated BEW/BHW cam..........$695.
Chrome-plated BRM cam....................$725.

To receive a complete pricing, please PM a request or email us.

Pricing is subject to change.

For additional information see our PD Reprofiled Cam thread:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=326858

Last edited:

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
Even though I don't have a PD, I picked up 10 quarts of S9000 5w40.

Franko6

TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
Bob,

It is my understanding that the 505.01 oil is made with intention to improve cam life. I believe that the 505.01 oil is backward compatible for the TDI engines going back to the AHU/1Z series and including the ALH. We find the price and product for the Schaeffer's oil, worthy of consideration for the AHU's and ALH's.

Specifically, we will not accept Castrol SLX with our warranty. Our belief is that the Castrol under-performs compared to several other 505.01 rated oils.

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
Bob,

It is my understanding that the 505.01 oil is made with intention to improve cam life. I believe that the 505.01 oil is backward compatible for the TDI engines going back to the AHU/1Z series and including the ALH. We find the price and product for the Schaeffer's oil, worthy of consideration for the AHU's and ALH's.

Specifically, we will not accept Castrol SLX with our warranty. Our belief is that the Castrol under-performs compared to several other 505.01 rated oils.
S9000 is primarily designed to be a CJ-4 oil (and other medium/heavy duty truck specs, API gas spec too), just happens to be suitable for 505.01 also. We collectively know the API truck oils do good in VE and PD TDIs.

So... S9000 covers VEs and PDs both with both API CJ-4 and VW 505.01 :D

Last edited:

armyschus

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf S TDI, Blue Silk Metalic, 6M
Frank,

What price am I looking at on a BEW engine (2005 Jetta TDI-PD) for a complete cam repalcement with your bearings and a timing belt replacement kit? Have 95K on the engine right now and will need toaddress the TB sometime this fall.

Rich

Franko6

TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
Rich,

The best way to work with us is to send us your contact information by PM or email. Then we will send a customized estimate to your email.

Please send a PM including:

Full Name
Physical Address
Phone Number
Email Address
Year and model of car
VIN can be helpful

Are you looking for economy or performance? Feel free to call with any questions.

Last edited: