Lubromoly proline diesel purge vs Liquimoly diesel purge

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
Im about to order one or the other of these from idparts. Just dont know which is better for my BRM. Any input is appreciated.

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Like most additives it seems difficult to provide empirical data on their effects. That said I use the DP Pro:D

jimbag

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
We sell LiquiMoly DP LM2005 at my NAPA store, and a lot of people - including Powerstroke owners - seem to love it.

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
Proline is "stronger" as I understand it.
Thats what I was thinking. But when I was shopping Idparts they appear to be a different manufacture or at least branded differently when looking at the pictures. I just didnt know if one was better than the other as I'm going to do a diesel purge for the first time on my car that has 120,000 miles on it. The proline is twice the price also.

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
You can go on-line to liquiimoly and see some data sheets as I remember. Maybe Google the stuff and see if you can find the German site. I believe they have pdf files in German and English

DPM

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2019 Rav4 AWD Hybrid, Citroen C4 BlueHDI
IIRC, the theory is that DP is added to the tank and Proline is to be recirced through their jet-clean system.

/But as consumers tend to use them interchangeably, in both ways...

jettasetta

Banned con artist and self-proclaimed victim
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS MK4 PD-BEW 5SP-EUH TDI
I just realized that I used the Liquimoly product following instructions given in the Lubromoly thread (“Easy Lubro Moly Diesel Purge How-To - with pics!!”). I didn’t even realize there were two products. It’s probably a good thing that, in the case of diesel, you have Lubro in the Liqui and vice versa.

What doesn’t go, so well together, is air, [in the] fuel lines and pump.

I drove and worked on gas/carbureted vehicles most of my life. Carb cleaner was the stuff of choice.

Perhaps next time, rather than risk getting air in the lines doing a purge through lines at the fuel filter, I’ll just wait till I’m low [but not too low] on fuel and dump a few cans of either product into the tank, take it for a spin and then fill-er-up.