Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

diamond.g

TDI
2012 United Grey Golf TDI 6MT w/Tech
No. The Wawa with diesel is about a mile away from the one you reference south on Rt 1.
Good to know.
The Wawa on Minnieville Road in Woodbridge, VA also sells diesel.
That is awesome.

I swear, the WaWa finder on their website didn't show those locations a couple months ago. My wife like WaWa (our other vehicle isn't diesel).

solid19snake

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI 6MT (sold)
Good to know.

That is awesome.

I swear, the WaWa finder on their website didn't show those locations a couple months ago. My wife like WaWa (our other vehicle isn't diesel).
The WaWa in Woodbridge almost always has the best price on RUG in my area but I think they only recently began selling diesel. I try to always fill up at the Sheetz near me, so I haven't been paying too close attention to the price of diesel at WaWa.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
The WaWa in Woodbridge almost always has the best price on RUG in my area but I think they only recently began selling diesel. I try to always fill up at the Sheetz near me, so I haven't been paying too close attention to the price of diesel at WaWa.
At least in Stafford, Wawa is the cheapest diesel, period, and I seem to get tremendous mileage on it. I do use an additive every tank, either PowerService or Howes. We have no Sheetz in N Stafford.

tdi90hp

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6 speed(gone but NEVER forgotten)
Tornot prices just dropped BELOW RUG for the first time this week at Shell. 1.19 per litre and regular unleaded. 1.21 per litre

STILL about 4.50 per USA gallon!!! Count yourselves lucky Mr and Mrs USA. You still live in the land of lower taxes and lowest fuel prices in the world or darn near except a few countries that clearly subsidize fuel for their populations....Venezuela....Saudi Arabia etc....

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
A lot of Twin Cities stations charging $3.75-3.79 a gallon for diesel. RUG jumped this week to $3.55-3.59 and many stations are still there. So at a few stations the spread narrowed to ~16-20 cents. However, it's still more common to see a 40 cent premium for ULSD (actually B05) and RUG.

eshawger

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Chicagoland is too expensive...

I've been getting D2 0% biodiesel at Meijer for $4.09 lately. I've seen as high as $4.50 in the Chicago area, and mostly it's 20% biodiesel, which in theory is supposed to be less expensive.

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
Just filled up at the KwikTrip I usually go to, and saw they had both gas and diesel for $3.79. It's been some time since I've seen that.

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Gol TDI, blue and falling apart
Regular here is $3.239-3.399, while D2 is hanging around $3.679-4.099. Ethanol free midgrade (marine/boat/car) fuel is anywhere from $3.99-4.249.

All the Murphy USA/Express stations that had put up bio stickers here have taken them back off the pumps. :(

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
$3.15 for RUG and $3.53 for diesel at my favorite Hess.

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Gol TDI, blue and falling apart
$3.69 Walmart 10cent off if you use free walmart card. If not it's $3.69 cheapest I've found in San Antonio

Only in some states. In Alabama it's against the law to sell fuel for less than wholesale or some nonsense so we don't get cents off at the pump from anyone except Winn-Dixie fuelperks, and I suspect shenanigans with that program anyway.

In Alabama you can only get an equivalent discount as a statement credit at the end of the month with a Walmart credit card.

In Floriduh the maximum gift card discount is 5 cents.

GaryTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 VW Beetle TDI 5MT
It's $3.95 at the BP in Cortlandt Manor, NY which is insanely cheap for New York and that's the same price cash or credit. The same station sells Premium for $4.09... I hope they keep that pricing structure up.

T-Roy

Veteran Member
TDI
'92 ECOdiesel AHU
Only in some states. In Alabama it's against the law to sell fuel for less than wholesale or some nonsense so we don't get cents off at the pump from anyone except Winn-Dixie fuelperks, and I suspect shenanigans with that program anyway.
In Alabama you can only get an equivalent discount as a statement credit at the end of the month with a Walmart credit card.
In Floriduh the maximum gift card discount is 5 cents.
That's very interesting to hear about, must be all politics.

The HEB and WalMart on the west side of town seem to have a price war going with diesel and their gift card use.

WalMart has 10 cents off, while HEB started doing 12 cents off I recently found out too.
For simply walking in the store and putting money on one of their gift cards to then use at the pump, you can get 10-12 cents off per gallon.
It really adds up in savings at the end of the year and I hope the price war continues.

WalMart's diesel is 3.61, with card it is 3.51
HEB's diesel is 3.58, with card becomes the 3.46 you see above.

Thunderstruck

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GTI SE 6M
4.29 for gas, 3.79 diesel at Speedway in Des Plaines, IL near O'Hare. Not only is diesel cheaper, I'm getting killer mileage courtesy of the warmer weather.

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
Holding steady anywhere in between $1.279 - 1.239/l in Southwest BC, Kootenay valley.