'14 Jetta TDI rims fit my '14 Passat TDI?

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Jeez, guys...chill. See post #18...we still don't know the load rating of the OP's Jetta tires, ALL discussion is moot.

I agree with both sides here. There MIGHT be a small risk, but since the weight difference Jetta/NMSPassat is so slight, the risk is VERY small.

FYI, my 2014 Avalon has a bright yellow warning sticker on the B-pillar, next to the tire specs: (I am NOT MAKING THIS UP!!!!)
CAUTION: LOAD CARRYING CAPACITY REDUCED
Modifications to this vehicle have reduced the original load carrying capacity by 2 kg or 3 lbs.

2kg????? This means when we're fully loaded and stop for food, we only eat ONE BigMac each, instead of our normal TWO!!!!! (...or...uhh...visit the rest rooms, weigh our...uhh...waste...and proceed...)

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Jeez, guys...chill. See post #18...we still don't know the load rating of the OP's Jetta tires, ALL discussion is moot.

I agree with both sides here. There MIGHT be a small risk, but since the weight difference Jetta/NMSPassat is so slight, the risk is VERY small.

But as was pointed out the weight of the jetta and passat aren't dramatically different, so if the tires were good to go on the jetta they should be good to go on the passat. Maybe this is a huge assumption on my part.

Or are we saying that the jetta can't handle 4 - 250 pound people but the passat can thus requiring higher rated tires?

TDI
'98 VW Golf mk4 (euro)
These are the tires/wheels on the Jetta that I want to swap onto the Passat. Still think this can be done safely?

Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I'd toss them on, no problem. Even if they were rated at 89, I'd toss them on.

fanky

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
hello i just bought a 2022 jetta it has 16 in rims will my 17 in snow tires from my older jetta fit also they gave me 2000.00 for my old jetta with 212000 km on it was that a good deal or not