RSN-510 Fender unit

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Today I stopped at a store, turned the engine off and was gone for 20 minutes. When I came back I could not get the RADIO and SD card MP3 playback to work. Pushed the on/of button several times without the radio coming on. Drove 20-25 minutes like that.

Stopped again at another store, turned engine of. When I came back to the car this time the radio came back on again.

Anyone has had the same or similar happen to them?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Now that's some lag! it's just par for the course.

Haven't had the same issue but did have a good 15 second lag where it wouldn't do anything, no matter how much I tried to raise the volume, nothing, until it decided that I really wanted it loud and smartened up, and put NPR up to 11.

If/when we get rid of this, gonna go "office space" on the boat anchor that is the RNS-510.

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
Press and hold the two arrows on the top left and the star button simultaneously for about 30 seconds or until the unit shuts off. It’ll restart the unit.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Press and hold the two arrows on the top left and the star button simultaneously for about 30 seconds or until the unit shuts off. It’ll restart the unit.
You may have something there. The screen was lit up but nothing else worked.
If it happens again I'll try your suggestion.
Thx