Back-Up camera recommended?

hefberry

TDI
2013 Sportwagon Jetta
I have a 2013 SW TDI Jetta with the navigation system. However this model did not come with a back-up camera. Does anyone have any recommendations for a back-up camera that I could use with the stock navigation module?

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Maybe check to see if a MY 2015 one will fit your car?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
There is a convertor you can also use for other generic cameras. But first you must determine whether your current head unit will even accept a camera input. I am swapping my current base level HU for a RNS315 which supports a camera (OE) and wiring (OE) and the original camera mounts above the license plate.

RNS315
Eurozone Tuning

GPS ant
Eurozone Tuning

Wiring
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-BEETLE-G...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Last edited:

TOPH R

Veteran Member
TDI
Stupid GMC 2500HD non diesel :(
Smartass reply of the day...

Have you tried using your mirrors like they taught you in driver training? :p

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Show me a mirror that shows the bumper view of my car when backing up to another car or to a wall. Besides it is an added safety feature not a replacement for mirrors. Maybe you missed your common curtesy class in drivers training.

Some people are helpful others not so much.

hefberry

TDI
2013 Sportwagon Jetta
thanks Lightflyer1 if you drove in my SW Jetta you would realize there are a couple of deep blindspots and after driving in the SW Golf the back up camera made all the difference.

msantram

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 SportWagen TDI DSG (Buyback 2018.01.30)
OP: I may be parting out my car, if so I would be happy to sell you mine.