The Search Begins in Little Rock, AR for Good Diesel.

tbohern

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
I am new to TDIClub and in an effort to make a contribution I am trying to find the best quality diesel in this area. Turns out this is much harder than I thought it would be. Not one station of the 12 I have called knew what cetane value meant! Nor did these managers know who supplied their fuel. I did find an old list from 2009 that listed ConocoPhillips as having a cetane value of 48 which was third highest on this list from 09' (it was on a duramax forum). If this value is the same or higher it is probably the best I can get. I also tried to find B20 but the station that carried it, GoGreenBiofuels, is now closed! There is a station in Lonoke, AR that carries B20 but that is just a little out of my way. My first fill up on my new TDI was with ConocoPhillips and so far I am on track to get 55MPG or very close to it as I am still learning to drive a stick effectively. Has anyone had this much of an issue finding good diesel in your area?

Pelikan State

TDI
2011 White 2dr Golf
Little Rock Diesel

I used to live in L.R. Coulson Oil Co. in NLR is the largest, by far, distributor in Arkansas with an insane market share. Shell stations mainly.

You could try their website or e-mail them.

I use Shell and Exxon (I know the manager of one of the Exxon Stations that a local family owns and use only their stations for my Exxon, the rest of the time I use Shell).

I fill up at the Shell on Broadway downtown when I'm in Little Rock. Close to the freeway and there's that Mercedes repair shop across the street that always has a ton of old 300D and SD's and SDL's in the parking lot.

Last edited: