What did you do to your MKIV today?

Powerstroke9773

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI (totaled parts car) 2003 Jetta GLS TDI
Well drove the old girl down to town and was there all morning and afternoon driving around. Came home and finally finished wiring my McNally boost/ egt gauge, and installed my DG Panzer skid plate to include installing the rivnuts. Everything is working as it should thankfully. Wish o could figure out posting pictures on here.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Got the snow tires re-balanced: they weren't far out but enough to bug me. And Mr. Chill installed some Wagner Britelights. I'm not sure they show much further ahead (some, for sure) but the light is more white which I like.

nbtenhaken

TDI
2004 Jetta GLS
Ordered up some replacement glow plugs, and new parking brake cables. Man the weather takes a toll, but 275k and still going strong! Love my 04 TDI!
:)

Powerstroke9773

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI (totaled parts car) 2003 Jetta GLS TDI
I have tried that everytime I upload to it and go to a post or try and create a new thread I can't find the button to add the pictures. And when they upload they always say file too large. Little history I'm 30 and never used a computer until I was 22. Not really good with em and use my smart.phone for everything. I don't even own a computer so I don't have Facebook or anything like that I'm sure it's child's play for y'all but frustrating for me.

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
I have tried that everytime I upload to it and go to a post or try and create a new thread I can't find the button to add the pictures. And when they upload they always say file too large. Little history I'm 30 and never used a computer until I was 22. Not really good with em and use my smart.phone for everything. I don't even own a computer so I don't have Facebook or anything like that I'm sure it's child's play for y'all but frustrating for me.
I was an IT in the Navy, use my smart phone for everything except vagcom nowadays, I now work park maintenance now and love it more than anything in the Navy except the pay

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"

Try imgur.com There you can decide the size you want to post with here and imgur will create a link you can copy-and-paste. I use the message boards and forums link format.

drucifer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta sw tdi pd
powerstroke9773, pm me if you'd like help. I too am tech dysfunctional. Maybe you have younger relatives, cousins or neighborhood teenagers that could guide you with the app.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroke9773
And when they upload they always say file too large.

Short answer, the picture was taken at to high of a quality resolution.
If you took it with your cel phone you will have to find a setting to create lower resolution pictures.
I use Preview.app in Mac OS to re-size graphics; there should be something similar in Windows.

leafs

Veteran Member
TDI
alh
procrastinated real bad as winter has been really mild so far but today I finished oil spraying my car. glad I got it done next little while I think it might get ugly on the roads.

mk116v

TDI
2001 jetta tdi
Well, not much to do on the tdi today. But i did replace a turbo on a 2001 Audi a4. Shaft broke in half and was puking smoke. Pita job. Much easier the do on the alh if you ask me.

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Well, not much to do on the tdi today. But i did replace a turbo on a 2001 Audi a4. Shaft broke in half and was puking smoke. Pita job. Much easier the do on the alh if you ask me.
Gasser A4? I've looked at them they look pretty simple to do...

Black00Jetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Black 5spd
Replaced the 2 hose connectors going to the heater core (the right side was leaking so I replaced both). Cost was about $18 from Parts Geek and took about 45 minutes. No more leaks.

VWdrummer

TDI
2002 Jetta tdi Wagon
I did a fair bit today, but it was completely worth it.

I fixed my HVAC foam issue with some denatured alcohol and aluminum tape, everything seems to be holding up. That foam is a mess when it gets on you. I also put in a pioneer radio so my 2002 wagon now has Carplay. Then I addressed a leaking cabin air filter housing causing a wet passenger footwell. Then, I went ahead and replaced my rain tray and upgraded my wipers to the R32 style arms. finally, just some various seals and foam dams for the tops of the fenders in the engine compartment and then I drove it with my new stereo playing my favorite Spotify playlist while charging my phone.

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Finally installed my HID's I purchased from Midwest Light, they are sooooo nice. Also got around to installing B5.5 sunvisors that have the homelink module in them. Extending visors are amazing :)

Judson

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Discount Tire has a station set up where cars can line up and have their tire pressures checked and corrected. Found I’d be running 8-10psi under recommended spec. Yikes!

Initial mpg improvement is almost 2.5mpg.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Driving older and multiple cars I couldn't live without my air compressor. Had to buy 8 pounds of air on the road last Thanksgiving, 6 quarters. One of the few good things in olden times, every station had free air.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Discount Tire has a station set up where cars can line up and have their tire pressures checked and corrected. Found I’d be running 8-10psi under recommended spec. Yikes!

Initial mpg improvement is almost 2.5mpg.

And this was with warm/hot tires? Then you may still be a little low. How far from your home is it? Remember that tire pressure should be checked cold and driving only 1 mile makes your tires warm if not hot.

I'd do this late in the day: after the tire shop has checked and adjusted the pressure, take a reading with your own gauge then drive home. In the morning check your pressure with the same gauge you used the night before. If the morning reading is lower than spec, note the difference and add that difference to the specified pressure to tell the shop the next time. You may have to do this the get a good idea as to what pressure you should have warm/hot tires set.

That said, I have the tires on my cars set to 2lbs over the specified pressure.

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
I'm with romad, get your own gauge, I really like my Accutire MS4400B. It lives in my door bin/pocket. Easier to read for these ageing eyes. You don't need much of a compressor, but the days of free air are long gone. And even when you can find air, I still use my gauge.

On my Golf I run 36psi in the front (that's where the weight is), 32 in the back, unless I'm towing.
Then 36 all round.

Judson

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
I have my own gauge, a nice german one. Use it on the Jeep in combination with its built-in TPS (one is missing so it cam get confusing as to which tire is low). Just didn’t use it on the VW for a long time!

Discount Tire sets tire pressure higher during cold temps. I don’t care enough right now to track my pressures super closely, but I will do it a bit more often with the VW moving forward.

Anyway what I really need is a bigger garage with a larger house attached where I can install a proper air compressor setup. :)

hitman1985

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI ALH
Started the mono wiper conversion on the Jetta but due to somewhat crap weather decided I'll finish it another day.. when it's light out. Can't beat bonrath quality sorry... So glad I scored this kit new in package

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TDIGAZ

Veteran Member
TDI
Current: 2003 Jetta GLS Grey 5 spd. Previous: 2003 Jetta GLS Silver 5 spd (lost in a collision)
Re-attached driver's door window to slider clips

Crazy weather swings in my area over the last 3 days (-23C to +6C to -10C) caused my driver's side door window to freeze up. Unfortunately I didn't realize this until it was too late. Pressed the down button, heard some resistance, then a pop before I could stop the cycle.
This had happened a long time ago in my previous Jetta, which the dealer repaired for free (Yes, it was THAT long ago).
After some research, I knew it could be one of several common failures... broken clips, broken regulator, or simply that the clips released from the bottom of the window.
Removed the door skin, and found that I had gotten lucky and it was the clips that had released. Phew.
Activated the window switch to line the clips up with the access holes, loosened the clips slightly and manually slide the window glass down to fully seat the glass back in the clips. Tightened the clips and tested. Re-attached the door skin and all back to normal.
Not that difficult a job since nothing was broken.
I did watch this VERY detailed video beforehand, so I was well prepared.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WT6Ja0NX8I
It's in German, but the close-up details of the some of the connectors and door handle mechanism are fantastic.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
We had some electrical parts air freighted from Germany, and me picking them up at the Boston airport was the most cost effective thing to do. So I put the pallet in my Wagon.

The warehouse workers looked out at the car and said, "you realize you have this, right?" pointing to the box. Fit right in. I still love my Wagon.