2002 Golf GLS vs 2003 Golf GLS

waitin4mine

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GL 5-Speed
Okay, ignorance is showing but I have faith in the gurus on the board. Did the 2002 model year for Golf have the side air bags? Safety features are important to me and I figured someone here would know the answer. Any big problems with the 2002? Thanks.

mary

tjl

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, ignorance is showing but I have faith in the gurus on the board. Did the 2002 model year for Golf have the side air bags? Safety features are important to me and I figured someone here would know the answer. Any big problems with the 2002? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

All a4-platform Golfs sold in the US have side airbags in the front seats. Starting in mid-2001 model year, they added side curtain airbags (look for the "airbag" labels on the pillars).

The 2003 model year resulted in some changes in equipment standard on each trim line and what was optional. The 2003 versions of a given trim line generally had more stuff than the 2002 versions. 2003 also added the option to get Electronic Stabilization Program.

meltingspace

I owned a 2002 GLS TDI Golf and traded it in because of the interest rates for a 2003 GLS TDI Golf. Anyways, the only problem I had with the 2002 was window clips constantly breaking. I had them replaced 3 times! Common knowledge now. You buddys gave you the correct safety info. I like the alloys and headlights better on the 2003...just cosmetic though.