1998 Jetta TDI - 5 speed standard For Sale

DDLTexan

TDI
1997 & 1998 Jetta TDIs & 2000 Passat Wagon
This Red Jetta has been in the family for many years. My daughters drove it to our local college about 2 miles from our home. It has 201,225 miles. At 175,000 the timing belt was changed. At 180,000 a new turbo was installed. It has only had synthetic oil used in this car. It gets 50 mpg on trips from Texas to New Mexico mountains. My daughters have been driving his car since about 2012. They are now in other states in graduate school and are no longer in need of this car. I had a 1997 Black Jetta that I drove to 430,000 miles before selling it and the car is still being driven by the owner in Johnson County. I believe this car can be driven anywhere safely. A friend just borrowed it and drove it to Nebraska to visit a relative and had no problems with it. The car's paint is faded as it is original. The air conditioner blows cold air - nice for Texas heat. The sunroof developed a leak and I have not fixed it so my daughter put red duct tape on the seams to temporarily stop the leak. A driver at Huguley Hospital in Fort Worth, bumped the fender by the driver's side front light in the parking lot - - a small damage to metal by the main light bulb but everything is working fine. It will be a dependable car to drive back and forth to work and/or to take a trip to another state. I just don't need 4 vehicles with only my wife and I now at home. Make me an offer. I can email pictures and it can be test driven.

DDLTexan

TDI
Email sent to samuraitd - - 7 pictures sent.

We have owned this wonderful TDI over a decade and it is a fun car to drive. I have 7 pictures that I took last evening and email them to anyone who is interested. Thanks.

DDLTexan

TDI
A VW Jetta TDI person came and saw the car and bought it immediately. It is now gone to a new home.