Oakville VW Mechanic

ctennyson

TDI
2010 Jetta
Hello All,

I am looking for a good, reputable, mechanic who knows his stuff about VW but most of all diesel engines in the Oakville area. I have both a Tiguan and Jetta TDi

I need to get my timing belt changed in my Jetta TDi and was just quoted $1500+ tax by a friends mechanic. What would a rough estimate of the cost be for such a job.

Thanks
Colin

geoman

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 tdi jetta wagon
international diesel is down the street from oakville vw on invicta crt. they'll either do it or know somebody good but I'm from Woodstock and I take my vehicle to dcb(Brandon) automotive on oakdale rd in north York(400 & sheppard). much cheaper than dealer & $1500 is even pricier than dealer!

Robski92

TDI
2003 Golf TDI
I don't know of any vw diesel guys in oakville. You might want to take it Wroth Automotive in Erin. They are a 45 minute drive from Oakville and probably easier to get to then Precision tuning in Vaughan.

TDIPWR33

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 TDI MK3
you can try panda automotive he did my timing belt, and saved me money. Search him up and see what he can do for ya.

ctennyson

TDI
2010 Jetta
Thanks TDIPWR33,

Just spoke with the guys at Panda, and they gave me a great price on the timing belt job. Will most likely get it done there.

Cheers

derek5120

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta GLS
EMT tuning is great also. They are in Rockwood probably about a 30 minute drive from Oakville. Very knowledgable staff, they really know their stuff and great guys also.

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI Comfortline 6spd
EMT tuning is great also. They are in Rockwood probably about a 30 minute drive from Oakville. Very knowledgable staff, they really know their stuff and great guys also.
I wouldn't trust them to work on my lawnmower

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

1Kpertank

TDI
2005 Golf
I recommend Reto at Lorne Park Car Centre near Clarkson Go stn. Royal Windsor and Southdown. I had my PD TDI timing belt there and front end work on a Mk3 ABA

ctennyson

TDI
2010 Jetta
Just finished dealing with Anton at Panda automotive for my timing belt. Fantastic guy, friendly and very knowledgeable about Tdi's. Showed me all the parts that were replaced and offered some good advice with my other VW's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ctennyson

TDI
2010 Jetta
Lol... My other VW is a 2009 Tiguan, well I am sure you can guess where this conversation is going. Carbon build up issues are my current concern.