Saint John vw

Split

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI DSG
Would like to get some opinions on this dealership. Recently
Bought a2009 tdi from them, and as the car was due for its 60k
Service we brought the car there for the work. They had the car all day and when I arrived to pick up my car they had me wait over an hour, during which time I figured they were
Working on my car. Turns out I was just wasting my time. They told me I had to como back to complete the service. Was upset over this as I had the day off, and it was wasted. So I brought my car back to complete the service, which still required a new fuel filter, and dsg flush. They had my car for another entire day, and completed the feul filter. The car had a strong smell of diesel IN the cabin, and from outside the car. They did not do the dsg service, and they over filled my oil by a huge amount. Now I have to bring my car back to them to finish the service and correct the oil over fill. They are also unable to prove to me they use the correct oil.
When I first went into this dealership I had expected a higher level of service, but now I don't trust them at all. Does any one here have any experience with alpine auto our Joe and robs for services newer vw's? The dealer stated I was required to have the vehicle services by them because of the warranty, but I am not sure about that.
Anyone here have experience with this service dept?
So where do you go for service?

Last edited:

Nebelwerfer

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI
I'm in Fredericton but only purchased my TDI in March.

It'll be due for servicing in about a month.

Sounds like the service department was overbooked. I hope they are going to make it right.

Regards

grant_gray

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf TDI PD
I have repeatedly had issues when bringing my car to this dealership for recalls and have gotten into the habit of calling vw corporate customer service to get all the info I can before heading in. This includes the latest BEW glowplug recall, replacement front fenders and the tandem pump issue with. Each time I was openly lied to, I was told in order to get the fenders replaced I needed proof of all maintenance provided by a authorized vw dealer, which is a load of horse pucky, and that is vw corp's words not mine.
I wish you luck in the future with your purchase and would recommend you bring it to Rob and Joe's on your end of Rothesay Avenue, these people are well know to be [FONT=&quot]proficient with working on TDI's.
[/FONT]

thanatos

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf Sportwagen TDI
The dealer stated I was required to have the vehicle services by them because of the warranty, but I am not sure about that.
Anyone here have experience with this service dept?
So where do you go for service?
That's complete bull**** that I'd expect from some dealers... The only way that makes sense (and I've asked VW directly) is if you have an issue in warranty, CAUSED by a repair or service made at an independant shop.

Split

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI DSG
So it took 3 visits to complete the 60k service. First visit
They did an oil change, cost was $110. 2nd visit they did
The feul filter, cost was $110. 3rd visit they did the dsg
Service, $420. That is alot of cash got the first 2 months
Of owning this car. I thought they had a 200 charge
For the 60k service, but they said no.
I will not be going back if I can avoid it. The best thing
About them is the shuttle service they offer.

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last Real Jetta Sedan
I'm a silly american who only thinks of himself ;)

Sorry for questioning you OP. Did not read thoroughly.

Nebelwerfer

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI
Holy smokes, that seems extremely high for oil/filter changes. I'm in the wrong business.
Think of it as three oil changes at once.....only once a year for me.

I'm getting mine done today in Freddy and getting the winter tires thrown on.

Regards