Hlep the new kid.

Troy909

TDI
2005 Passat TDI!
I just bought a brand new 2006 Golf TDI. I had to fly to Wisconson to get it from AZ. One of the last ones as I am told.
So I drove 2100 miles home without issue. This morning, however, I took off for my work commute and 3 minutes into my drive I had issues. It was raining and the dash showed several codes:
1. #8 ASR/ESP
2. #21 MIL Malfunction Indicator Lamp (emissions)
3. #1 Airbag System
4. #11 Brake
ABS and airbag would flash and I got 3 beeps every 3 seconds for the whole 30 minute drive. The car is driving as though it is in its highest gear. I would get little spurts of power as I tried to speed up. Starting from a stop sign was very slow. Just enough throttle to get her moving but not realy get out of anyones way. I have an appointment in the morning at VW but I was hoping to speed things up there with some suggestions from you guys that have been around for a while. I also have a TDI Passat but have yet to have a problem with it.
Thanks for sharing.
Troy

jbrone

Veteran Member
TDI
R.I.P.: '98 Jetta TDI
#1 & #4 are possibly related - brakes are part of the ASR/ESP system. Not sure about the other two, but all safety functions are, if I recall, "controlled" by a CPU under the driver's seat that senses crash type forces etc. If that "module" is part of the problem it might affect #1, #3 & #4. Emissions codes may be as simple as the fuel cap not on tight enough - make sure it clicks three times. Also, a low fuel tank has caused low pressure on some cars when there is a sudden drop in temperature overnight. Uncommon but I've heard of it.

Good luck and don't let this spoil your joy of the car.