www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old September 10th, 2019, 18:04   #1
afrod

TDI(s): 2014 Q7
Default 2014 Audi Q7 TDI/Post Emissions retrofit/ENGINE LIGHT ON

For the past 4 months or so, my amber engine light has been going on. Took it to the dealer and they said, "huh, don't know why that is happening". Had my car for 5 days and eventually said, "We found out is was a bad oxygen sensor." They replaced it, light is off and I drove away. A few weeks later, it happens again. I take it back. They say, "Huh...". A few days with my car and they say, "No it wasn't the O2 sensor, it was the temperature sensor. We've replaced it." I get the car back, light is off. One day later, the light goes on again. I drive it back and they say, "Huh...if we can't fix it this time, we'll escalate to Audi USA". I said, can we do that now? They said, "Sure". That was earlier today.

Anyone else had this experience? My concern, beyond Audi being forced into replacing my emissions system and probably putting an inferior product in there, is that my warranty is fast running out and I will be stuck with this lemon. This same lemon that had the fuel pump explode and shred my fuel system that Audi blamed on me for using inferior fuel. They gave me an estimate of $18k to fix. I pointed out that this issue had occurred many times over to other customers and handed them the printed evidence. After much back and forth they eventually relented and did the work on warranty, but "only this one time" they said.
afrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2019, 06:43   #2
flargabarg
Veteran Member

You could always purchase an aftermarket warranty if you are worried.
flargabarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2019, 08:56   #3
forrest resto`s
Veteran Member

I'm sorry..did you say 18,000 that's thousands! you meant $1,800.00 right??..anyway..how many miles/time do you have left on warranty? How many total miles on your car?
forrest resto`s is offline   Reply With Quote