FS in OH: 1993 Audi 80 1.9 TDI

RallyTDI

TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI
Listing this for a friend - Very rare 1993 Audi 80 TDI. I only know of one other in the U.S. Four door five speed manual sedan. Runs well and looks great. No A/C installed from the factory. 330,000 Km/200,00 Miles. Car imported from Belgium, has clean Ohio title. $5,000.00 U.S. Dollars. Send e-mail to ubrinfo@gmail.com Thanks for looking!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
That's a really nice car. Seriously tempting. Must be one of the earliest TDIs.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
That is an awesome car.

I think 1991 was the first TDI, in the bigger 100 Audi, then spilled over into other models. We never got any Audi model that "basic" even with the gas engine.

nitec

Vendor
TDI
1.9TDi PD
very clean looking car but damn - it's hard to justify 5k for something this "basic" with quite a high mileage actually...

FYI - can be easily converted to quattro if required - easy to swap over

craigldavis

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW M/T; 2014 Q7
How hard is it to find parts for these early TDI's imported from Europe?

It's a "1Z" engine, correct? Was it ever offered in the US in another body style or would all engine maintenance and replacement parts need to be imported as well (like timing belts, water pumps, etc, etc).

mogly

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV TDI + B5.5V AVF/01E
As an owner of multiple imported TDIs over the years, I will say there is much "cross pollination" with parts. My current DD is a T4 TDi DoKa 2.5L TDI. Even though it's a 5 cylinder TDI it shares parts from the 4 cylinder TDI and 5 cylinder gas T4 engine parts bin.

Certain engines will have Euro centric parts but typically those items like water pumps etc which are planned services anyhow.