FS: 2003 Jetta Wagon, Michigan - $4700 OBO

Ellis Vee

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Unfortunately the time has come for me to sell my car. My wife is in school in Ann Arbor and we live in walking distance to campus so we need to downsize to one car. Since my wife doesn't drive stick, mine has to go. I was planning on keeping this thing forever but I suppose logic has to take over eventually.
Please take a look at the list of upgrades and maintenance and the pictures below. I'm hoping to get ~$4700 for everything, but I'm not sure what the market will bear so feel free to let me know if I'm way off. I take criticism well. I'm in the heart of the rust belt but the car came from Portland three years ago so it's largely rust-free. Easiest car I've ever worked on cause none of the bolts are rusted together!
Thanks for looking!
Details:
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI
243,000 miles
I've owned since 170,000
ALH engine
Southbend Stage II Endurance clutch
DLC 1019 injectors (calibrated to stage 1)
Kerma Tune (Q-loader included + stock tune & two other tunes $500 value)
Cat removed (muffler intact)
Ventectomy (w/ parts to be reinstalled, if that's your fancy)
16" Alloy Wheels
215/65R16 Tires
2" lift
2" hitch custom installed through the bumper for no loss of ground clearance
4-pin trailer wiring
(Wired for trailer brakes & a 7 pin connector, just never installed the plug)
Continental Timing Belt done @200000 miles
EGR and Intake Manifold cleaned out @200k miles
Front seats swapped for 2009 Jetta Heated Leather (wired to OEM switches on the dash)
-- This is maybe my favorite mod. Sooo much more comfortable for long trips.
Front carpet replaced with nearly new this past Spring
New control arms w/ TT bushings and new ball joints
AC system flushed and recharged & checked for leaks (none found)
Glove box and arm rest fully functional!! No broken hinges or dampers to be found.
It comes with the back seats and headrests too, I just didn't have them with me when I was taking pictures. I'll try to add pics of those later.
EDIT: forgot to mention it also has an aluminum dieselgeek skid plate and aluminum side skirts. Combined with the lift this thing is really capable in winter and down back roads.
Extensive mileage and service records available. I did all the work myself since buying it (except for the AC) so I can provide receipts for all parts and tell you pretty much everything about it.
Running average is 43mpg but it'll do 50+ on the highway. I can easily run over 600 miles on one tank (thank you ventectomy).
I'm a pretty straight shooter, so I'll be honest with anything you want to know. Here's a list of the major cons on this car:
Headliner is delaminated. The PO tacked it up so cleanly that I never got around to replacing it, but headroom in the back is an inch or two lower.
Rust coming through drivers side door. Not a big deal in my book, since the door can be replaced, but still not pretty.
Leather on Drivers seat is worn through in a spot on one bolster from getting in and out of the car. Can't see it when you're sitting in it though!
Probably in need of new tires before winter, unless you're taking it south.

Last edited:

VincenzaV

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Details on the seats please... Was it a easy swap?

Oh and the hitch, was it a "bolt on" hit that you just cut the rear bumper for or is it a full on custom hitch? Love that look!

GLWS.

Last edited:

Ellis Vee

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Details on the seats please... Was it a easy swap?

Oh and the hitch, was it a "bolt on" hit that you just cut the rear bumper for or is it a full on custom hitch? Love that look!

GLWS.

Sorry for taking so long to get back on here. Louie was right, that was the link I used as inspiration for the seats. I did the mounting a little differently to reduce interference with the feet of the rear passenger. I think I have pictures so I'll try to make a how-to in the next couple weeks. The wiring was the trickiest part so I'll do a write-up on that as well.

The bumper is fully custom. Here is the link I used as inspiration for that. I used 2"x3" box tube for the main crossmember. Again, I can probably find some pictures to add to that thread.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=378751

Louie710

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta sedan 2002 Jetta wagon
Sorry for taking so long to get back on here. Louie was right, that was the link I used as inspiration for the seats. I did the mounting a little differently to reduce interference with the feet of the rear passenger. I think I have pictures so I'll try to make a how-to in the next couple weeks. The wiring was the trickiest part so I'll do a write-up on that as well.
The bumper is fully custom. Here is the link I used as inspiration for that. I used 2"x3" box tube for the main crossmember. Again, I can probably find some pictures to add to that thread.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=378751
The link is missing pictures on how to do the back seats so any pictures you can provide will be extremely useful. Thanks!

Ellis Vee

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
The link is missing pictures on how to do the back seats so any pictures you can provide will be extremely useful. Thanks!
Ah, sorry about the miscommunication. I did not swap the back seats. I only meant that in the original seat swap thread here (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=178132), the steel adapter for the seat is essentially a square frame that would result in the rear passenger's feet being pretty cramped. They would not be able to tuck their toes underneath the front seat. I found a way around this. I'll get a proper thread posted with pictures soon, I promise!

Ellis Vee

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
SOLD! Enjoy, shootdang. This is a good community you're joining, hopefully the car does you well.