www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted

Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted VW TDI/Diesel related items for wanted and for sale by private individuals. Group Buys and commercial posts should be in the "Vendor & GroupBuy" section.

Old January 17th, 2020, 16:19   #1
jdamb89

Default WTB: Mk6 (Sportwagen) Panzer Skid Plate

Since Diesel Geek isn't producing new Panzer skid plates due to tariffs, I am looking for to purchase one for my 2014 Sportwagen TDI.

I'm located in the PNW and can drive to pick it up. If you are further out, I would be willing to pay shipping depending on our negotiated price.

It would be great to get the full set of hardware with it.

Thanks!
jdamb89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2020, 18:00   #2
wagontdi82
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 44+ mpg

Just FYI they aren't all they are hyped up to be. They ride a bit lower so you hit more. Yes it's Thick. Still bends.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old January 18th, 2020, 10:15   #3
jdamb89

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagontdi82 View Post
Just FYI they aren't all they are hyped up to be. They ride a bit lower so you hit more. Yes it's Thick. Still bends.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for the insight.

I had planned to lift her with new shocks and springs if I ran into clearance issues. But from my reading here and on vwvortex, Diesel Geek's Panzer Plate was still a better choice than the Osiris plate by evolution or the ECS tuning one. Was that not your experience?
jdamb89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2020, 19:10   #4
Dwagen
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 51 MPG (140 mile round-trip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdamb89 View Post
Thanks for the insight.

I had planned to lift her with new shocks and springs if I ran into clearance issues. But from my reading here and on vwvortex, Diesel Geek's Panzer Plate was still a better choice than the Osiris plate by evolution or the ECS tuning one. Was that not your experience?
According to my email conversation with Cascade German Parts, the Evolution Atlas v3 is significantly stronger and will protect better than the Panzer plate. Iím still installing my FMJ this week on the Mk4.

Mk4 VW Jetta GLS TDI - 220K miles - REVO Stage 1
Instagram: @lilturbodzl

Malone Stage 2 + DSG Tune
Dwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2020, 09:14   #5
tractorpole

TDI(s): 14 JSW

I put an ECS Tuning street shield LINK on my wife's 2014 Sportwagen. It fits well and is not difficult to remove for oil changes and other maintenance.
tractorpole is offline   Reply With Quote