Power loss while accelerating

freeantelope024

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 1999 Jetta TDI, 1991 Jetta
I have a 1999.5 so far have replaced the head in cylinder 1, cam shaft, new timing, tensioners water pump...whooo hoo. The valve on the turbo was replaced (rusted shut) and re calibrated. Now occasionally as I accelerate there will sometimes be a sputter around 3000 rpms (manual) at whatever speed, and I will no longer have the use of the turbo until I cycle the key and it temporarily fixes the issue. Is this an intake problem in the turbo valve again, or possibly an MAF issue?

Thanks in advance
Jason

alphaseinor

TDI Innovator, Gone but Not Forgotten
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI 780,000 miles (totaled out), 01 Audi TT 225 Quattro 230,000 Miles (runs great!), 00 Cabreetle Beetle dash, ALH & MK4 harness Swap
Not sure how you replace a head, only on cylinder 1...

Not a MAF issue... you are going to need to give us the code in the ECU from going into limp mode...

freeantelope024

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 1999 Jetta TDI, 1991 Jetta
Power loss

Yeah, I don't know about the head you got me:eek:...but that is what the diesel fuel system mechanic did, I just thought it had to be a cyclinder thing becuase the orignal code was misfire in cylinder 1. Anyway, I will search out a computer to get the code(s) hopefully today. Oh yeah he replaced the lifters as well.