mkiv jetta tdi exhaust

dsl2go

TDI
03 Jetta GLS TDI
Does anyone know of any good aftermarket exhaust systems for the ALH engines? Would it be worth it go with a straight pipe or should I keep the cat on?

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
You could purchase a Custom Downpipe from Whitbread on here or a Passenger Peformance Downpipe, since you're in Canada.

There are other options out there. If you search for Downpipe I'm sure you'll find a thread that will help you make a decision.

Rootar

TDI
02 jetta 5spd
is the stock exhuast (with the muffler and cat removed) good enough to handle a tune and nozzles? until you do a turbo upgrade i was under the impression that the stock exhaust is sufficient ?

Is this correct?

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
Rootar said:
is the stock exhuast (with the muffler and cat removed) good enough to handle a tune and nozzles? until you do a turbo upgrade i was under the impression that the stock exhaust is sufficient ?

Is this correct?
Yeah that would be sufficient without the Cat and Muffler. It's just that the OP asked about an aftermarket exhaust, but if you don't have any plans on upgrading the turbo, then a good alternative to $$$ aftermarket exhaust would be to straight pipe the factory exhaust.

Rootar

TDI
02 jetta 5spd
sorry didnt mean to hijack, but he didnt specify weather he just was putting an exhaust on a stock car, mild car, or full on car...

because if your putting it on a stock car then its not going to give you any noticable difference.

On trucks we run no cats and a good muffler normally, im new to the smaller diesels/cars but it seems alot do the opposite and use one of the Mag hi-flow cats and go straight after that. You could always buy a straight system and if its too loud you could add in a muffler or cat later (not much trouble).