2014 Q7 Prestige delivered 2-20-17

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
Finally convinced the parental units to get one of these.

This thing is beautiful! 22,000 miles and we snatched it up from Vroom as fast as we could. Will get an Extended warranty soon. We probably paid some of a premium, but we wanted the Prestige package, but we also got it delivered to the house with no extra fee. These things are getting tough to find.

Q7 TDI Prestige
Towing Package (no need to install a module woo)
Offroad Package

Can I just say I love adaptive cruise control? That is probably my favorite thing in this vehicle. Wish mine had it.

I want one of these!

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
Wow, thats pretty. Adaptive cruise really is one of those "magical" technologies, the first time you use it is a bit mind blowing.

What color interior?

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
Sadly it's just the black interior. Wish it was one of the fancier ones. But of course the interior feels great.

As fat as the Q7 is, it doesn't drive like a monstrous SUV, I feel comfortable in the lanes and parking in the lot, a concern they had. Engine feels great, but it could do with more. Grandkids can all fit in the back, and I can get it to tow my trailer with its built in 7 way plug. They were about to buy a Model S but they will just wait for their model 3 to show up instead .

Pretty funny to think we are running almost the same hp and torque on the B4 but half the weight ;)

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
Don't bother with the extended warranty. It's still under warranty and Audi will be extending the warranty on the TDI's.

Garland

TDI
2000 Golf GL TDI
Don't bother with the extended warranty. It's still under warranty and Audi will be extending the warranty on the TDI's.
Do you have any info on this? Looking at picking up a 2014 Q5 this week and was wondering about the extended warranty.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
Wow, gorgeous ride. I really thought that these were just about unobtainable at this point. I guess that they are depending on your pockets. I assume that the restitution payments are more or less built into the price at this point.

Are the Q7's 3-row?

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
Being that they will probably eat up that warranty in the next year (they do 25-30k miles a year. I don't think the extended warranty is a bad idea. If we could get the settlement extension setup already, it would give us a better idea, but its not going to warranty non emissions items (read expensive also) that may pop up. I think extended service plans/warranties still make sense on Audi's top of the line.

Yes it's a 7 seater, with the 2nd row having the ability to slide front and back, and reclining. So much leg room when it's all the way back. This is one comfortable ride on the inside. I'll have to test it sometime and be in the rear.

They purchased it on Vroom, and I haven't seen any more pop up since. Yeah I'm assuming the price they paid included some of that restitution but I also convinced them to go with the Prestige (and tow package) over Premium for some of those special doo hickies.

Question is if the dealerships/auctioners can claim as previous owner (this was a dealership vehicle for 22kmiles on carfax).

My 5 day loaner is over, back to driving the JSW and B4. I'll drive this different days of the week when she wants a chauffeur. Still need to do some VCDS hacks on it (I mean check for codes)

Last edited:

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
An Audi dealer is not eligible so all the settlement money would go to your parental units, if there were no private owners in between.

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
Wait until you see how much an extended warranty for an Audi TDI costs. I think that the extended warranty is 10 years/120K miles or 48K if you're past a certain mileage. Check the Audizine and Audiworld threads on the TDI's.

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
I know the cost, I've been in contact with the well known Troy already.

Fidelity "unbranded audi protection plan"
$100 deductible 100k $4,000 / $250 deductible 100k $3,000.

nayr

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q7
I found my 14 Q7 Prestige TDI w/Air Suspension & Tech Pkg, put down money to hold it until my Golf TDI is bought back in a few weeks.

Was always planning on being the only owner of the golf and driving it til the wheels fell off, but my family has outgrown the Golf and in the last year Ive had 2 really ass puckering trips towing through heavy snow.. That and I like camping at dispersed sites in the Rockies that my golf was struggling to access.. The last site I drove into I had to unload the trailer and back it up and back onto the road in reverse then carry all my gear up to the road.

Coming from an Audi dealer and its got fresh tires/brakes and all maintenance caught up..

Traded an Audi RS6 in for my Golf TDI, now giving that back for a well loaded Audi Q7 TDI.. I just keep hopping from one dream car to the next.. I am going to miss my 6MT but as I get older i'm starting to see why people like auto's

Last edited:

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
Make sure you post, need more activity in this Q7 forum!

Haven't had many trips with the JSW with the westy hitch, pulling a 1500# Shasta. Hope I don't experience any of your underwear eating events. Or I'll have to steal this Q7 more!

I know someone who wants to buy s detatchable towbar on a golf also if you are parting stuff out. Pm me