1Z/AHU Billet CCV drain plates, shift knobs, and custom machining

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Damn,an artist for our cars for sure! I may have to get one of those ccv flanges,tired of the oily plastic ones;).....

Digital Corpus

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'97 B4 w/ 236K mi body, 46K mi soul
Another part of the window regulator that is NLA is the rear clip/guide for the very same slide that creates a link between the rail and the rear track. Mine has been broke for well over a year and I can nearly almost promise 6 of the purchase from me if you can make a replacement. The part is not specific to the side of the vehicle, though I don't have a picture off hand.

As for the CCV drain plate: is there an additional charge for a larger tap for more heavily modified engines for more blow by? Unless my memory is off, that is smaller than the stock ID.

thechoochlyman

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1997 B4 Sedan
Another part of the window regulator that is NLA is the rear clip/guide for the very same slide that creates a link between the rail and the rear track.
I could be wrong, but isn't that the same part that I am currently trying out? Could you show me a pic?

As for the CCV drain plate: is there an additional charge for a larger tap for more heavily modified engines for more blow by? Unless my memory is off, that is smaller than the stock ID.
I don't have the stock plastic tube in front of me, but I know it's rather restricted. At any rate, this plate is just a breather for the engine block, and allows oil to drain back into the engine from the valve cover. The actual blowby leaves the engine from the other side of your valve cover puck. As you can see from this photo, I am simply venting my valve cover to the atmosphere. The same setup should work fine for you.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
i found one of my extra aluminum "old-skool" t-stat flanges. i'd gladly send it to you if that would help to make a copy, although it should be pretty straight forward

thechoochlyman

TDI
1997 B4 Sedan
How are everyone's coolant flanges doing? I've had about a dozen shipped out for a while, it would be cool to know how they're working out!

I'm also making a new batch of CCV plates today for anyone who's in need.

TDIDaveNH

Left Lane Coal Roller at Large
TDI
1997 Passat TDI x2 1984 Buick Century 4.3 diesel
Got mine on earlier today. Needs a little tweeking with a sensor o-ring swap but we'll see how it does in the next couple days. The green one was what I had on-hand, not sure if that will play nice with the G12.

thechoochlyman

TDI
1997 B4 Sedan
That looks great on there, David. The fittings you used really make it blend in on top.

I couldn't help but notice somebody gave me a bad thread rating on here. I don't know who it was, but I'm always ready to satisfy a customer if you're unhappy.

TDIDaveNH

TDI
Thanks for the info Mark on the seal- I wasn't looking forward to replacing it, the cooling system is always a mess to drain so I'll just leave it in there.

Choochlyman: Good thread feedback left as well. The fitting I used was a PITA to get, only available through an Ebay seller with questionable feedback based in Australia. It took all of 5 weeks to get here, a little back and fourth but they finally arrived. I ordered two once I noticed the handling time was ridiculous. He didn't ship it until 3 weeks later- the guy does not actually have the parts in stock they get drop shipped from the manufacturer which is also based in Australia who does not sell them from their website outside of AU or NZ at least not easily. It was worth it since I could not find a similar fitting stateside, the only one being with a 1/4" barb (black one in the picture) which was a little iffy on the hose fit.

I'm happy with the way it came out. It will easily outlast the car it was made for.

Last edited:

Digital Corpus

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'97 B4 w/ 236K mi body, 46K mi soul
I haven't gotten around to fitting mine yet as a result of not having time to locate fittings for it. Thanks for a PN shot Dave!

FWIW, I'm probably going to pick up 2 more of these, but I won't know for sure for a couple of weeks.

TDIDaveNH

TDI
DC:
I bought them from this guy. I'll warn you however be prepared to wait:eek: Also, when installing put the barb on before mounting the flange so you don't have to pull the GP harness completely off:eek:

Last edited:

TDIDaveNH

TDI
I second that notion, also the red plastic pieces that break and cause the eventual cable failure of the rear window regulators.

thechoochlyman

TDI
1997 B4 Sedan
I second that notion, also the red plastic pieces that break and cause the eventual cable failure of the rear window regulators.
The lower flange was mentioned earlier, but I never got a lot of feedback for it. Can anybody post some photos?

And photos of the plastic piece you're referencing would help, too. :D

TDIDaveNH

TDI
The part Tomo posted is on the other end of the lower rad hose that connects to the radiator.

Last edited:

thechoochlyman

TDI
1997 B4 Sedan
Just finished making one of these for my car, figured I'd post it in case anyone was mildly interested. I reckon I'll sell one for $50.

I wanted a toggle switch plate and better power outlet mount for my B4. Remove the stock power outlet and ashtray then mount this up! I might get it powdercoated or something later.

ketchupshirt88

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat daily, a bunch of others in the graveyard out back...
post 55 is at the radiator side of the lower radiator hose. the other is the thermostat housing and the quick connect piece that attaches the thermostat housing to the lower radiator hose.

never had major issues on the radiator side, plus i think the radiator can be pulled in under an hour if you've done it before, making fixing that side less of a pain when you can work on the bench.

the thermostat housing and its quick connector i would be interested in though. possibly some sort of swivel housing (like link below) to simplify machining and cover swapped applications better.

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/53020/10002/-1?parentProductId=761037

PS please post some pics of that toggle switch plate installed