Awaiting delivery: BMW 118d

German_1er_diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
BMW 118d
Car still runs great, closing in on 220,000 km now!
There was only one non-wear-part repair: The rear wiper motor.
Got new summer wheels in Spring '16: BBS SX in 8x18, Hankook Ventus S1 Evo2 in 225/40. Looks great. Had minor front end damage and fixed all the small paint damages on the car.
5 more years? Why not?

German_1er_diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
BMW 118d
As of today, the car has 226,631 km. Only 3 refills from January to June, then a new job started, which makes me a long-distance commuter (68 km one way!), so the kilometers are going to pile on again now.
Things that went wrong with the BMW:
  • Nothing

Other things that happened this year:
  • February: Birth of a healthy son
...really nothing too interesting other than that.

The BMW is getting the factory Bluetooth retrofitted today, and since the steering wheel looks every bit as old as it is, it is getting some new leather, along with the shifter and handbrake boots.

Has it really been 6 years with this car already... or more than 9 years driving an 118d if we include the black car?

German_1er_diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
BMW 118d
The BMW is getting the factory Bluetooth retrofitted today, and since the steering wheel looks every bit as old as it is, it is getting some new leather...
Update: The reupholstered steering wheel is great. So is having the factory Bluetooth system.
I'm now at 235,000 km. Had to do a few things:
  • flex pipe at the DPF was leaky
  • hardy disk needed replacement
  • coolant leak
  • rear shocks were too worn to pass safety check
Since the rear shocks were worn, I just had a Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit installed instead of just replacing the OEM shocks. Feels good.