Pictures of VNT-17 and Kerma adapter installed - Please?

wadeo

TDI
2003 VW Jetta TDI GLS
I'm attempting to figure out all the little details of installing a VNT-17 (NOT a VNT-17/22) on my 2003 VW Jetta GLS. The thing that has me hung up is just how the Kerma TDI adapter works/installs with my stock hoses.
(link for reference to the part )

I'd like to see a picture of the install and hear if there's any custom trimming/fabrication necessary to make the adapter work. I've read everything from people rotating their turbos to make the hoses alight better to trimming the stock hose in order to get a cleaner install.

Could someone please provide some clarity? I'd really rather not put up the money for a $200 hose, but I'm a little leery to buy a new VNT-17 and have to loosen it up, twist things, and tighten it back down in order to get it to clear power steering lines...

I've done my research/searching, so please provide a link if I missed a previously posted picture or an article spelling this out in detail.

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
None Currently- 2008 BMW 335I
I don't have a picture, but the adapter simply pushes into the outlet (some force required) on the turbo since your stock hose doesn't use a clip fitting on the turbo. I installed my VNT17 with the turbo clocked the way I got it. This required rotating the intercooler hose where it attaches to the pancake pipe and left it pushed up against the hard power steering line. It was confusing at first but I was able to figure it out pretty quick.

wadeo

TDI
2003 VW Jetta TDI GLS
Well look at that. I figured it'd be out there somewhere, but I simply hadn't found it. Thanks for the insight, TDI_G! Thanks for the link, Kerma!

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
None Currently- 2008 BMW 335I
I opted not to cut my air charge piping. I slipped a piece of plastic between the power steering hose and the air charge piping. I may loosen and move the power steering hose so that they don't come in contact. I actually like the way it all fits. I think cutting the hose as Kerma recommends would work just fine and may be better for airflow.