Seatbelt bell

mrGutWrench

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, 5-speed, 563K Miles (July '23)
Molsonman said:
Is there a way to remove the seatbelt chime on a 2005 Jetta? :rolleyes:
__. Assuming that your '05 MY "A4-type" is like my '02, it's possible -- but you have a side-effect; the clock in the tach quadrant will read in "24 hour" style (i.e. 1:05 PM will read as 13:05). With a "VAG-Com" unit, change the setting for "UK/miles". (Wait a minute, you still use French measurements up there in the GWN, don't you? When are you going to wise up and move into the modern age with feet, inches, miles, etc?) In that case, there may be a Euro setting that will give you no seat belt chime and Kliks on the odometer. Maybe somebody up there can give you a def. answer.
'

sodapop6620

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2000
This is the information that I recieved when asking about changing my clock to a 24 hour clock. If you look for the title of 24 hour clock you can see all of the posts.

It's the instrument controller soft coding. I've used this to disable the seatbelt chime. Choose the market version (EU or UK) that uses 24-hr clock, but if your cluster has temperature display, it would change it to centigrade. From ross-tech:

Instruments Recode - 07
Write down the existing coding for future reference.
Enter 5-digit code from below

Look at the first two digits in the coding. Add the values for the options together to get the correct coding.

00 - No available equipment
+01 - Brakepad wear sensor warning active
+02 - Seatbelt warning active
+04 - Washer fluid level warning active

Look at the third digit in the coding (Market version):

1 - "EU" 24 hour clock (may result in odometer in km in 2002+ clusters)
2 - "USA" 12 hour clock
3 - "Canada" 12 hour clock (may result in odometer in km in 2002+ clusters)
"The third digit in the code is the country code. The codes are:
4 - "UK" 24 hour clock (should result in odometer in miles)
5 - Japan
6 - Saudi Arabia
7 - Australia

Look at the fourth digit in the coding (Cylinders):

3 - No Service Interval (2002+ models)
4 - 4-cylinder (1999-2001 models)
6 - 6-cylinder (1999-2001 models)

Look at the fifth digit in the coding (Distance impulse multiplier):

2 - 3538
4 - 3648 (some 2002+ models)

So, if you want to have Seatbelt warning and washer fluid warning only in a 2001 Canadian 6-cylinder vehicle, (add 00+02+04 = 06),3,6,2 = 06362.

Edit: registered VAG-COM only. VWTool 2.0.9 which has been out in the open can also do it.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
I used the above method, subracting 2 from the first 2 digits of the soft code, on dad's Passat and that infernal chime was gone! No other affects to the cluster :D

-J