TDI Fest sentiments... from 10 years ago and today!

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
I found this post from after the very first Fest. It kind of explains why TDIFest has become such an event for many of us:

BRUSSELS BELGIAN
Veteran Member

A Prayer for YOU!

All: While driving back to PA. I started thinking (dangerous for a Belgian) and realized that for a few days many interesting and kind people had come into my life. We all intend to meet again, I am sure. But in reality, we may never see some of our fellow TDI'ers again. So, yes, let's hope and pray that we see each other many times in the future. But if we do not, I am sure, that like myself, there were probably more than a few prayers said on the way home...for people who had crossed our path. As George Patton said when taking leave of his 3RD Army: "I will have memories that will stay with me until the end of my days." GOD BLESS all of you!

Who knew Belgians were clairvoyant? ;)

Here we are, many of us 10 years out from that first Fest...still friends and still looking forward to the next time we can get together...viva la FEST!

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
He's made to the Ho5G a few times since then...

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
tomoV said:
Ask Pete were and when we met.........He is the best Friend I have ever had in my Life other than my Wife!!!!
Yeah, yeah...we know! Good thing you're convenient to Massachusetts. :p

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
"Hey, Tomo! Guess in which hand I'm holding the ring?"

I've known Tomo since before the 2000 fest, but not in the biblical sense.........

Last edited:

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
LOL!! he did a Balancer! I can't believe that Cheap Bast*rd came up with the money!! Bill said he is bringing my old Passat back out there soon!

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Yes, Bill is coming for my weekend event first part of October. You're more than welcome to come over if you like. :)