Needing advice-performance upgrades

majesty78

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 3T5 CFFB
AR50 is not a Garrett Turbo model name but the area ratio of the compressor compressor housing which so fas has 0 meaning without any other data.
Even a GTX42 1000hp turbo can have a AR50 compressor housing.....

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
You should do a lot of searching on this forum instead of asking people to spoon feed you the info. There's a TON of great threads at your fingertips, you just have to search for them. And if a 1/4 mile time is your goal, you should probably just get a gas car rather than a TDI. Dollar to hp, you will probably spend twice as much money on the TDI than you would on a mk4 1.8t, for example...
And its reply's like this that get people upset. If you have nothing nice to say, then just skip replying. There are 1000's of ways to skin a cat, so sometimes, its just easier to ask. I've read tons of threads and didn't know about AFN tuning.

Oilhammer is helpful but his reply was a d$ck reply, he could have explained why 3" isn't needed instead of acting like someone from Vortex. :(

My friend put 3" cat back with a glass pack muffler-no kitty, on his ALH GOLF, got it for free, changed the exhaust note to a nice, deep tone over the straight pipe that was on before.

Last edited:

Stromaluski

Veteran Member
TDI
'67 Deluxe Bus, '80 Rabbit Truck, '92 Corrado, '10 Cup Edition
And its reply's like this that get people upset. If you have nothing nice to say, then just skip replying. There are 1000's of ways to skin a cat, so sometimes, its just easier to ask. I've read tons of threads and didn't know about AFN tuning.

Oilhammer is helpful but his reply was a d$ck reply, he could have explained why 3" isn't needed instead of acting like someone from Vortex. :(

My friend put 3" cat back with a glass pack muffler-no kitty, on his ALH GOLF, got it for free, changed the exhaust note to a nice, deep tone over the straight pipe that was on before.

I used to think the same thing, but after reading internet forums for almost 20 years now, it gets tiring to see the same questions posted over and over and over.

The OP asked basically three questions.

1. Where do I find my stock nozzle size and injection pump size?
  2. What are my best upgrade options?
  3. Can I use X turbo on my car?
He could answer all three questions simply by reading existing threads.

1. In the A3/B4 forum, there's a frequently asked questions sticky that has the information he's looking for.
  2. Searching the Performance forum for "AHU" gives almost 1,600 threads dealing with upgrading the AHU.
  3. One of the stickys here in the Performance forum is a turbo technical database