Thanks for a great weekend!

87homebuilttdi

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 tdi, 2006 Jetta DSG, 2003 ALH Wagon
Writing to say that I am very glad to have decided to drive to Maine. Normally I would have elected to skip such an event, but Dave Oh talked me into it. I had numerous little bugs with the vehicle that caused me to hesitate but I resolved them and went out for a 60 mile drive with no problem. After that, all that was left was to register!
What a great job by all, you people really went out of your way to make it a fun, educational, and social event. I realize that you must have spent months getting it right.
Finally putting a face to the names on the club was great, as my imagination does this for me with usually very different results!
Blasted home in my street legal go-cart with no problems and even cruised with BKMETZ (I think it was him...) for the last hour, to bad I didn't have his phone number as he could have had a place to stay for the night!
Thank you for a great time.
Cam

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Awesome Cam, glad you could have made it. Your coming made my weekend. My tent is drying and airing in the back yard now. :D

87homebuilttdi

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 tdi, 2006 Jetta DSG, 2003 ALH Wagon
I forgot to ask people this last weekend, but I am wondering if anybody knows of any job opportunities in the automotive research and prototyping area, as of this moment I am unemployed and trying to correct the situation with something interesting and rewarding.
Cam

TooRoundTDI

Skunk Rocker
TDI
1998 Jetta
I forgot to ask people this last weekend, but I am wondering if anybody knows of any job opportunities in the automotive research and prototyping area, as of this moment I am unemployed and trying to correct the situation with something interesting and rewarding.
Cam
I hope something comes up for you because you would be a huge asset to any engineering company that would hire you, no joke! I was blown away by your build presentations at fest.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Cam,

Thanks for making the trip! It was great to meet you and see your really unique creation... Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to see your build presentation, but I know a lot of people really enjoyed it.

Hope to see you again soon, and good luck with the job hunt! :)

-Lawson

fursty

TDI
Black 2002 Jetta
Cam, What is your background in? I will keep you in mind if something comes up here at Delphi in Henrietta.