Thanks, everybody!

puredata

TDI
2000 Jetta, 2003 Wagon
First off, I am terrible with names, so if I forget a name, very sorry!
Anyways... I'm happy to report that my car made it home, back to Ontario! On that note; many thanks to Chris for trying to help me figure out my failtronic transmission, and also to Jason for using my car during the VCDS tech session to try and figure out any help with the transmission codes, too! Also, thank you again Jason for driving me down Washington on Saturday, that migraine was killing me!
Speaking of the auto road, Richard and I went back up on Sunday, and we will have something (a surprise) for you all soon. .. I'll let Richard break the news on that :)
Other memorable mentions... AndyBees, your van conversion is inspiring! Makes me not feel so bar for wanting to do a 6sp swap with 4motion in my Wagon lol.
Same goes with Cam. You built that, one of a kind, amazing supercar. Awesome, and absolutely loved seeing it!
There were so many more people who helped with my car, VCDS, test driving, opinions, finding fluids, etc. To not make my message a book long, you know who you are, and I thank you!
Speaking of Thanks... You are ALL the must welcoming people I have ever met. Having met none of you before this weekend, and yet all helped me out. None of you looked down on me for sleeping in my car, or cooking on a camp stove. You all made me feel like I belong and was welcome. Yes, this weekend was about budget for me, and nervous as I was for that, again, you were all very welcoming, so thank you.
Lastly (unless I missed something, probably)... I missed my pickup from idparts on Sunday! I am sure we will get it sorted out....
But once again, thank you everybody, and sorry I did not get to say goodbye in person... I wanted to make sure u made it back with my tranny problem; so I pushed off after the second trip up the mountain, and everybody was already at the top of the Hill...
Looking forward to 2014!!!
Andrew

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Thank you for being a part of one heck of an event! Yes, you can do it!

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Glad you made it back safely, Andrew! Looking forward to hanging out again!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Andrew,

Glad you could join the fun with your daughter... I hope she enjoyed the weekend.

-Lawson

puredata

TDI
2000 Jetta, 2003 Wagon
We had a blast, and looking forward to the next one! Would have had more fun if I was not busy worrying about my tranny... but... had a blast anyways :) On a good note, went with a co-worker last night to pick up her new-to-her '04 TDI/Wagon/5sp... after driving it, all I can say if... someday I will have that much fun, after a swap lol.

That being said... I'm stuck on the fence about what to do with my tranny. It IS surging... every time there is slight pressure on the TC, it surges, 100 RPM or so, every few seconds...

Local shop wants to drain/flush/fill... for $350... with no guarantee it would work. Way too much IMHO, especially with no promise of it working. I really NEED the car to stay auto/failtronic for a few years, as it's my wife's car, who refuses to drive stick. Mine is a 2000 Jetta/TDI/5sp. I just need to find somebody /local/ that can rip in to it with me (by 'with me' I really mean 'I will watch, because I don't have a clue' lol.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
ymz is not too far from you. He loves them 03 wagons as well, maybe he could be a resource to you.