Help emergency!!! TB broke

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
I'll let the OP chime in, but in his original post: As the title say my TB broke and the tensioner loosened up.

At the Fest he said it was a bad TB install, tensioner was tensioned the wrong way. Lots of people helped out on it, to the point there were too many cooks in the kitchen, this truly is the best crowd. That's Lug-Nut's tow dolly in the background and the head BleachedBora brought with him on the plane. I think the tools belong to Matt_98AHU and I saw Paramedick over there a few times helping out. There were just too many awesome mechanics floating around for me to be in the way and I offered my tools but they already had everything they needed to build a new one from scratch.

Here are a few pictures of the repair:

I could only stay for the day so I wasn't able to grab more.

gutts

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
IT LIVES!!!!!! I can't thank enough everyone that it getting my TDI back on the road I really can't. This truly is an amazing group of people.
Adam
I'm glad it lives . I hope it lives long and you prosper ! Fill us in on the details after you get home and have had some rest . I think you deserve a vacation after your vacation !!
Best

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
At least it looked like you didn't have any rain. I think this is the first head/engine swap at a Fest (at least since I've been on the forum). Kudos and thanks to ALL the members that helped the OP get his car back up and running so he wasn't stranded many miles from home(I'm guessing around 1200-1300 miles)......

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
Actually, it poured cats and dogs all afternoon. A bunch of us pushed the NB under a tent and he was able to continue working on it there.

This is Maine, if you're enjoying the weather, just wait a minute and it'll change on you.

RedDragon

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 JSW “Judy Sue White”
Hey guys, we made it home safe and sound. We drove all the way thru getting home at 630am. The car is completely different to drive(in a good way) it's smoother, pulls harder and is even quieter.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
amazing!! That is great!! yes these amazing people!!
Hope to see you again soon when you can enjoy the FEST in a different way!!

Glad to see it end well.....You probably need to be talking to some folks....

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
Just came across this thread, great to see that people were helpfull in such a situation.

Amazing!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Adam,

You guys worked hard on that thing all weekend! Glad you finally got it going again, at the expense of a lot of blood, sweat, and missing show and shine! Hope you made it home okay - see you in Detroit, perhaps. :cool:

bassman5066

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2 Door TDI (sold back for Dieselgate), 91 Golf 4 Door with 1Z swap
This exemplifies what TDIClub is. Car broke down on the way to the show, and with the help of many people at the fest, they got it towed there, replaced the head and TB. So the OP managed to make it there, and home (with a nice new head), because of this forum and the great people that frequent it. And he managed to get himself a Bentley manual in the raffle for his car so he can do the TB next time. :cool:

Dieselboy

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI, 1981 Caddy Tdi ALH Swap
This exemplifies what TDIClub is. Car broke down on the way to the show, and with the help of many people at the fest, they got it towed there, replaced the head and TB. So the OP managed to make it there, and home (with a nice new head), because of this forum and the great people that frequent it. And he managed to get himself a Bentley manual in the raffle for his car so he can do the TB next time. :cool:

Winning the Bentley manual in the raffle was the best thing he could have won!