Here!

spacemonkeymafia

TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2013 beetle!
When I arrived here at Sunday River about noon today, I wanted to post saying "First!", but a nap took precedence. I've seen a few TDIs around here today, so I know I'm not the only one here. :)

If you are looking for food/drinks tonight, I can recommend the Jolly Drayman (off the mountain, back by Bethel)-very good British food (no, that's not an oxymoron as I previously thought! ;)). The Sunday River Brewery (I think that's the name...not sure. It's a white building.) where you first turn onto Sunday River Road is pretty good, too.

We had an awesome storm earlier and now it's pretty nice out-certainly better than D.C. was! I hope the weather is cooperating for everyone who is traveling today.

I'm going to try to catch up on some sleep; a one-hour nap does not really make up for driving overnight and being awake for 24+ hours. Lots to do in the coming days-need to rest while there's time.

Safe travels and see you all soon!

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
We got here around 4:00pm. Just as the rain started to poor. Watch out for moose:eek:. We drove 500 miles today it was a nice drive

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD
Matt98-AHU and I rolled in about 24 hours ago...after an (at times) marathon trip from California. Feels good to sleep in the same bed for more than one night in a row.

Cooper

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW (traded in 5/2015)
Moose watching and moose hunting are big in Maine.

Lots of people, even out-of-state, get in the lottery for a hunting permit.

We went on a moose watching trip to Rangeley when we lived in NJ, and were told a few things.

We were told that people like pick-ups since it gets you up higher. Hitting a moose in a car is very different than hitting a deer. You take out their legs and 1,000 pounds of moose comes at the windshield.

They also said moose hunting is interesting. You park on a back road, sit in the back of your pick-up, and wait for a moose to walk by. Can't really go hiking miles into the woods and shoot a half-ton animal. No way to get it back to your car after you field dress it.