Pre-Register for 10% off Malone Tuning at TDIFEST

Ramairetransam

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI
Im getting a 2012 passat tdi within a month and for sure by the fest. IF i dont sign up for s discount or anything can i just show up to the show and have my car tuned there .

And will you guys take the computer out for me and do it all for me ???

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
Ramairetransam - yes we can pull the ECU out and do all the tuning for you, just sit back and enjoy the show :)

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
Im getting a 2012 passat tdi within a month and for sure by the fest. IF i dont sign up for s discount or anything can i just show up to the show and have my car tuned there .

And will you guys take the computer out for me and do it all for me ???
It would be best to go ahead and register for the discount, it will not be a commitment to spend money.

Ramairetransam

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI
kick ass guys. Thanks . I dont plan on the dsg tune , dont be mad its just more to spend . So should i go with stage 1 or 1.5 . Im looking for the best mpgs , whichever one gets me there .

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
We won't be mad, but you may not be happy with the way your car shifts with the additional torque until you get a DSG tune done. Experience varies from car to car. I would recommend the Stage 1 if you are not getting the DSG tune done.

kick ass guys. Thanks . I dont plan on the dsg tune , dont be mad its just more to spend . So should i go with stage 1 or 1.5 . Im looking for the best mpgs , whichever one gets me there .

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
Hmmm, I have been wanting to go with a Malone tune on two of our B4's, maybe I'll wait and have it done at the Fest. Due to work I may only have Saturday, however.

fast duck

TDI
2011 golf tdi 2 dr dsg
Are you Also doing dsg tunes at tdi fest? What is the prices on that? I would need to have both tunes done

biohazardtj

TDI
2000,jetta/2005,wagon
if i register now can i get the deal pre TDI fest? i would love to have the tune done before driving all that way.

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
Hey guys,

We'll be able to tune any TDI from the earliest AHU/1Z to the latest CR TDI's. We are also able to tune DSG(VW and Audi). Including 2013!
In case anyone is bringing a gasser, we can tune these too including tip chips.

Pre-registration discounts are for ECU tunes only which are listed above.

I will also be available for other misc ecu work such as socketing and IMMO deletes.

Abacus, we can fit you in anytime you're available. If you want to schedule a time outside the regular event schedule, feel free to PM Andrew or myself. I will be pretty flexible.

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
edit....

Yes, DSG tunes will qualify for a 10% discount at the fest.

We will also not be charging labor fees for removing ECU's and reinstalling them at the event.

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
any chance you guys would install rawtek turbo back exhaust and malone tune? :)
No sir, we sell parts, tunes, but generally no mechanic work, I can't imagine anyone would want to do this AT tdifest either.

If you have more questions feel free to PM me.

bassman5066

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2 Door TDI (sold back for Dieselgate), 91 Golf 4 Door with 1Z swap
Hello, I have a 1Z engine swapped into a 91 Golf that already has a Malone Stg 3 and PP764 nozzles. Shortly after TDI fest, I will be pulling the head for replacement, and installing a Schweitzer S2A turbo with an air/water IC setup, and an upgraded cam (open to recomendations). Currently the ECU is set for 18 lbs of boost and was probably going to start somewhere around there on the new turbo since it will be flowing much better. I was looking to have my chip reflashed to work better with the new turbo setup, and was wondering what the price would be for a custom tune since I already have a Malone chip, and also would it be OK to drive the car 500 or so miles home with the stock turbo and cam on the custom tune?

Sent from my Bosch Motronic ECM via VCDS Version 1.9LVE

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Just signed up may '84 Vanagon for a Stage 3! ....

jay_fyp

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6MT 2004 Jetta TDI (PD) 5mt R.I.P - 2013 Golf TDI 6mt - 2004 Golf TDI (PD) 5MT
Just signed up may '84 Vanagon for a Stage 3! ....
haha NICE! I had an '80 Vanagon that unfortunately caught fire and burnt to it's demise in Florida on a road trip from N.J. to FL in 2000 when I was 21. I miss that van so much. It took me on many road trips throughout the country in my teenage years and early twenties.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Wow!

Well, back in '97, my '83 Air-cooled non-Westy burnt an exhaust valve. We were fortune to find a guy with a large garage that let me pull the engine tl do the repairs. (EDIT: in Alaska)

So, with the engine back in the vehicle, but still up on stands, I fired it up. In a matter of seconds gasoline was pouring out the bottom below the engine.

The problem: the pressure fuel line just above the transmission was almost "rubbed" through. So, apparently when I connected everything back in place, the line had a little more stress and ruptured right there.............. could have been on the road and ended up like your Van.

You need to find another one! ..........!

I really like my ALH powered Vanagon!

Last edited:

jay_fyp

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6MT 2004 Jetta TDI (PD) 5mt R.I.P - 2013 Golf TDI 6mt - 2004 Golf TDI (PD) 5MT
Wow!

The problem: the pressure fuel line just above the transmission was almost "rubbed" through. So, apparently when I connected everything back in place, the line had a little more stress and ruptured right there.............. could have been on the road and ended up like your Van.

You need to find another one! ..........!

I really like my ALH powered Vanagon!
You know, I kind of feel like that's what happened to mine. Mine didn't gush all the gas out, but I can remember after the last fill up on my tank of that vanagon before the fire, that I saw some gas on the ground and just chalked it up to overfilling, spilling, whatever the case may be. Next day, boom, catches fire after starting and driving not two minutes down the road, likely due to a spark igniting the fuel. After it happened and I researched it turns out it was a very common issue with them. Luckily I got that van on the cheap, and it well exceeded what I payed for it in the distance it took me. And yes I want another one badly, a nice diesel westfalia, wouldn't mind a vw bus westfalia either.

How many mpgs you getting with the ALH in yours and does it pull it? I can tell you SLOW was an understatement with my gasser Vanagon. Your'e gonna have the fastest Vanagon know to man after a Malone 3 tune! Awesome.

And sorry for blowing up your thread with Vanagon talk Newzboys! I will be a customer at TDIfest!:D

Edit (Just saw your mpgs in your sig) very nice!

Last edited:

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Well, it hangs above 30 mpg. Seems I've hit 34 mpg on a few tanks. With the ALH engine (or any modern TDI engine), it is a must that the gearing of the tranny be addressed as well as wheel size (got to bring down those RPMs).

It runs really nice as is ........ have had a starting issue that seems to allude all logic.