Driving from Rochester NY?

87homebuilttdi

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 tdi, 2006 Jetta DSG, 2003 ALH Wagon
Checking to see if anybody will be driving from or through the Rochester NY. area to the 2013 TDI Fest. Just wondering, because I might go and thought a group of cars might be more fun.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
A convoy with your unique car in it would be tons of fun and turn lots of heads! :)

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
There's three routes I can go, one of them (the most expensive by far, though, due to tolls) would take me right past Rochester.

If I drive myself, the way that I'd probably go would meet up in Schenectady, though.

BTW, there's a rather long thread over on EcoModder, and another one here, both discussing your car (TDIMeister's post, along with one over on EcoModder, clued me in that its your car). Seems there's quite a bit of interest in it. I'd certainly love to see it at TDIFest. :)

87homebuilttdi

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 tdi, 2006 Jetta DSG, 2003 ALH Wagon
I don't know what kind of **** box that thing is, but I heard it get's 74 mpg at a steady cruise controlled 60 mph.....And he's working on getting more. That carbon on the back thing, is gone now too.
And I don't know what TDIMeister is talking about...

vwdsmguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf black 5-spd
Trip to Maine

Hi,
I live near Syracuse and am going up early Friday morning. I'd be happy to follow along then. I am curious how to get there avoiding the worst traffic. Could we meet up?