A/C blowing warm air on left side only

vmaxaholic

TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
Ok, I've found a couple threads on here about this problem and I plan on using them as a guide, but nothing I've found involves the digital temp controls like those found in a package 2, which is my '06 Jetta with dual climate control. All the threads I've seen involve the cable controlled knobs/dials. The A/C is ice cold on the far right and right center vents, and only barely cool from the left center and far left vents. I'm sure this is a blend door problem, just unsure where exactly it's located and how much of a pain in the ass it is to get to and repair compared to the cable controlled kind, or if there is any difference. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!!

nhdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 GLS NB TDI 5 Speed
Is the air on the left warm (heated) or just ambient? I ask this because I have had cars (not VW) which had this same condition caused by a low charge of refrigerant. The reason is the evaporator will get cold near the expansion valve but not anywhere else when it is low on refrigerant, and if that end of the evap is near the right side the right side vents will get cold while the left side won't. So, you might just make sure you don't have a leak by checking the system pressures using a manifold gauge on both the high and low sides. Just a thought.

vmaxaholic

TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
That's exactly what it is. The air on the left side is not hot like from the heater, it's just no where near as cold as it is on the right. I'll definitely have to look into what you suggest. Thanks very much!