Reverse gear (DSG)

jaberoo

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL silver
I really like the crisp the performance of my new DSG and am quite pleased to forgo the torque converter—except, that is, when starting to back up a slope. Then the transmission tends to vibrate just like a manual clutch might when beginning to reverse up a steep hill. I suppose I should have expected this.
Any comments?

colinmichael

TDI
JSW '10
Haven't had that happen but I do find it annoying when backing up how long it takes to go back into a forward gear. Sometimes it just sits there in neutral for a second or two before engaging. I also don't like that "D" wants to put it in 5th gear at 35mph so if I need to get on it it has to go down 2 gears. What, 1700 rpm is too high? 1200 rpm is supposed to be better? Lame. Then "S" mode is fun for driving hard but is way more aggressive than "D." Wish I could reprogram "D" to be slightly less apt to lug when holding constant speed.
I'm really loving my JSW but the DSG tranny is my least favorite part.

ajlockfeld

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW DSG Pano Silver/Anth
colinmichael said:
Wish I could reprogram "D" to be slightly less apt to lug when holding constant speed.
I'm really loving my JSW but the DSG tranny is my least favorite part.
That's what the Tiptronic's for! and a lot easier than reprogramming the transmission;)