If Yer Lookin For A Tdi>>>>>>>>>>>>

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
There are 2 used ones at Fitxgerald in Annapolis MD. They both have less than 60K one is a black jetta, and the other a silver gulf (MK4's) They both look pretty clean, but both are autos:( They also have the new TDI, drove it last WEN. WOW! great power, and really nice to drive, l like the larger interior. Dont think, I will buy one since the older TDI's should drop in price, then I can get another one. One for work, and one for play.

sdk131

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GL RC1+
Little tip...if you are interested in either one of these, and they claim to have serviced them....Run away. I repeat, run away.

coffeefor2

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
They also have a new Beetle on their web site.

Question.... Are they decent to work with? My wife has been thinking a Golf TDI and this may fit the bill.

sdk131

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GL RC1+
You can get a decent deal there if you are diligent, but myself (and several others on here) have not had even acceptable experiences in the service department. Not a surprise really, seems fairly common for most VW service departments.

They advertise their "real" pricing up front, but of course they still try to stick you on the trade, and add non-sense onto your finanacing deal. Also, be sure to educate yourself on any financing promotions VW may be running before you go in there (if looking at new cars).....I had to specifically ask about a deal I knew was going on at the time (3.9% for 5 yrs), they weren't volunteering anything and tried to put me into some crazy high interest rate loan from one of their local banks first. So, pretty much your average dealership.

onlyinabeetle

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
I got the beetle from a dealership (stealership)... I went with my own financing ( credit unions are great!):)

coffeefor2

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I hate her CRV and want to get rid of it! May be worth a ride this weekend to take a look, I could use a nice road trip.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
I purchased mine from Tom Asher @ the Annap. Fitz. dealership. It was a fair deal given the buying conditions & market at the time. Tom knows the product probably the best of all their sales staff. The sales manager (I can/t remember his name) is also decent to deal with if needed.

My only experience with the service dept. was when I inquired about the "free" oil change that came w/ my purchase. They wanted a extra $100 :eek:eek:confused:eek: for the synthetic oil, but appeared to be quite willing to use regular oil if I didn't cough up the extra $$$. Thus, I do my own oil changes. Other forum members in this area have echoed the previous posts about the svc. department.

Hope that helps. Bob

sdk131

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GL RC1+
Bob S.

Same experience for me EXACTLY. Tom is a pretty decent guy for a car salesman....service dept screwed me out of my "free oil changes". Sevice also tried to sell me all sorts of services that either weren't even do yet, or had just been performed by me literally a day before the car was in there for recall work. Same story with my buddy that baought from them too. Although he has more patience than I do, and just stands at the counter and makes a scene every time until they finally agree to honor their previous agreement.

coffeefor2

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Service from this guy doesn't mean anything to me, I'm down in southern VA near Williamsburg. Besides, I've always been a DIY. If I've never done it before, I can usually "wing it":D .

I showed the Golf to me wife and she seems excited at the prospect. I'll give Tom a call and maybe I get with him on Sat sometime.

Thanks for the input.... ;)

dccommuter

TDI
2006 Jetta Pkg 2 TDI
Stay away from Svc Dept!!

sdk131 said:
Little tip...if you are interested in either one of these, and they claim to have serviced them....Run away. I repeat, run away.
Good advice here. I didn't buy previous car from them (04 Jetta TDI) but since they are the closest dealer to me, I took it to them when the turbo mysteriously stopped working. Several days later the verdict was blown turbo and $2200 to replace. I declined and found tdiclub. Thanks to some helpful members and few minutes under the car, I found a vac hose to the turbo actuator that had a hole burned in it. A trip to the local auto parts store and $3 later, my car was good as new. NEVER again will I take any vehicle there for service.

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
As much as everyone hates the service ath the dealer, you sometimes have to use them for a mic. part or two. The fella that works the part dept. in Annap. is really nice, and if you are friendly, and chat with him, he will give you parts at a great price. Granted, not a greatly differant than a price you could get online, but no shipping, or wait.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
LiLredTDI said:
As much as everyone hates the service ath the dealer, you sometimes have to use them for a mic. part or two. The fella that works the part dept. in Annap. is really nice, and if you are friendly, and chat with him, he will give you parts at a great price. Granted, not a greatly differant than a price you could get online, but no shipping, or wait.
You are correct. The Annap. Fitz. parts department is decent as dealerships go. They have treated me better than any other dealership's parts dept. in this area, except perhaps Bob Bell Ford in GB. The Bob Bell parts dept. treated me so well, they were my first stop when shopping for a new truck. But; Holly Smokes, :eek: their sales staff was the polar opposite. What their parts folk did to treat customers decently, their sales staff sure balanced them out.