TDIFest 2013 coming to Sunday River Ski Resort (Newry, Maine)

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
I just got home, I had no problem with traffic. I'm happy to here everyone had good time. I had great time.

vw_nut

Veteran Member
TDI
, 1981 VW pickup TDI Conversion, , 2000 Golf TDI,1985 Cabriolet 16V,2006 jetta
Thanks to all who helped make this possible. This was our first fest and we have both enjoyed it very much. Im sure it wont be our last. The trip up and back we took back roads and the views were beautiful great job staff

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
After having left Sunday River at 9:30 p.m. last night, I got back home safe and sound ... this morning at 9:00 a.m. - 11.5 hours for what should have been a 2.5 hour drive. I put off filling up thinking I'd do so on the way home, not thinking that stations will close early or not open at all on Labor Day evening in the rural northeast. The reserve warning came on shortly after starting off; I could have made it to the border on the reserve, but it would have done me no good. Instead of risking running out of fuel, I pulled over in the parking lot of an information center near Colbrook, NH. Filled up in town this morning and continued home.

Lessons?
1) This is not Europe, or even urban North America - Diesel is not available everywhere and not all stations are open 24/7/365; fill-up when having the chance and don't try range heroics (>800 miles) in unfamiliar territory.
2) The driver's seat of my car is EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE to sleep on for more than 8 hours. :D I should have slept in the car at Parking Lot 8 than camping - would have been a lot drier. ;)

P.S.: VERY close call with a deer, but thankfully missed hitting it. 2 so far is more than enough for my driving career.

Last edited:

n1das

TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
Pedestrians have landed at TDIfest2013!!

Is that a ghost or a vampire on the right? The yellow highlight is done by the night vision system software when it recognizes the shape of person in the image. The detection isn't 100% reliable but it helps add contrast to the raw FLIR image. A TDI in the background was also seen getting warmed up to temp.

Lisa and I had a great time at TDIfest. In the BMW I logged 173 miles of driving while at the fest. The 173 miles includes the group drive up and down the Mt.Washington Auto Road and demo rides and a couple of test drives. :cool:

Last edited:

MonsterTDI09

TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Cool picture :D. Enjoy your new BMW.

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
Pedestrians have landed at TDIfest2013!!

Is that a ghost or a vampire on the right? The yellow highlight is done by the night vision system software when it recognizes the shape of person in the image. The detection isn't 100% reliable but it helps add contrast to the raw FLIR image. A TDI in the background was also seen getting warmed up to temp.

Lisa and I had a great time at TDIfest. In the BMW I logged 173 miles of driving while at the fest. The 173 miles includes the group drive up and down the Mt.Washington Auto Road and demo rides and a couple of test drives. :cool:

Hey the ghost is me ;)

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
had an awesome fest! thanks to everyone involved! :) looks like i'm one of those yellow pedestrians, lol, that's a great pic!

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Oh yeah, my MFA indicated fuel economy of 4.2 L/100 km (56 MPUSG) after being reset on the fill-up on the way home. Pen-and-paper comparisons are consistently 0.1-0.2 L/100 km more. Even so, I'll happily take 4.5 L/100km or 52.3 MPG. :D

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
David, thanks for the ride in the BMW. What a machine!

The Fest turned out GREAT! Thanks to everyone who was able to make it up to Maine and enjoy a great weekend. Also thanks to all of our vendors and volunteers who worked so hard to pull everything off.

See you next year!!! Also, anyone interested in a growing social/hangout GTG should check out the Detroit Auto Show GTG coming up mid-January... I think we had 30+ people last year :D

d.david

TDI
02 Jetta
This was my first Fest and hopefully will be able to attend more. Had a great time. Met a lot people. Thanks to all who put this together. The hard work daily was increadible. Again a big THANK YOU!!